+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
Hey guys, I would like to update with you guys that I went flagpoling today and I managed to get my PGWP!! I really did not expect that. I was desperate and hopeless at first lol. So as I mentioned before, I applied online on Aug 18th, and I got a job offer last week. I went to Queenston Lewiston Bridge. In fact I have passed the 90-day window already even with my graduate certificate (June 11, 2018), but the officer thought that I was still in 90 days so she issued me one. I also explained that I have applied online but I don't want to miss the job offer so I don't mind paying twice. She just checked if I have ever studied part-time in the past four years (I only studied part-time in the last semester and had two co-op work term).
Here I am happy to answer questions and I hope you guys receive good news soon!!

Krosa

Sep 16, 2018
Hey guys, I would like to update with you guys that I went flagpoling today and I managed to get my PGWP!! I really did not expect that. I was desperate and hopeless at first lol. So as I mentioned before, I applied online on Aug 18th, and I got a job offer last week. I went to Queenston Lewiston Bridge. In fact I have passed the 90-day window already even with my graduate certificate (June 11, 2018), but the officer thought that I was still in 90 days so she issued me one. I also explained that I have applied online but I don't want to miss the job offer so I don't mind paying twice. She just checked if I have ever studied part-time in the past four years (I only studied part-time in the last semester and had two co-op work term).
Here I am happy to answer questions and I hope you guys receive good news soon!!

Thank you for sharing this information! Can you please explain the process. I applied on July 26th, still awaiting my approval. If there's a delay beyond the end of the month, I might try to flagpole as I have a job offer!

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
Thank you for sharing this information! Can you please explain the process. I applied on July 26th, still awaiting my approval. If there's a delay beyond the end of the month, I might try to flagpole as I have a job offer!
I just went to the border. I provided graduation certificate (I did not give the officer the confirmation letter that is issued on May 18th) , proof of application on Aug 18th, Job offer email, degree assessment email stating that my grade has been changed on May 23rd (Because I applied online on the Aug 18th, which is actually the 92nd day when counting from the issue date of confirmation letter, so if they asked about it I can have an explanation.) and official transcript.

I explained everything to her. She was really patient and nice. She said you may not get a refund and I replied it was fine, I just don't want to miss the job offer. She seemed to understand that and asked me about things like what is this job, what is the salary and how many hours a week. Then she checked both my graduation certificate and the degree assessment email, she asked another officer which date should be counted as the start of 90 days, the degree assessment one (May 23rd) or the graduation certificate (June 11th). I don't know if this was actually true or it was just their misunderstanding or maybe they were just being nice, the other officer said the latest one (I thought it should be the earliest one though). Then my officer said that okay if June 11th is counted as the date then you are within 90 days and you are eligible (But actually it is more than 90 days). Then she asked whether I have studied part-time, I said no.

Then she asked me to take a seat as she is going to work on it for a while. She did not take my degree assessment email or graduation certificate, as she said that she can saw my completion of degree on the transcript. Then she called my name, asking me to pay the fee. And after another 10 minutes she gave me the PGWP. I don't know if my experience can be generalized, but I do think that I had luck today! Maybe they were not very familiar with the process, or maybe they were just kind and pretended that it was within 90 days.

Reactions: Immstu

Serenaaa

Sep 20, 2018
Lethbridge
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

Applied: July 19
Review: Dunno (...)
Approved: Sept 19, for 3 years

I have applied just for myself.
Good luck for EVERYONE! :)

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Applied: June 1, 2018
Application under review: Sept 18, 2018
Application approved: Sept 18, 2018

It took a looong time, but finally happened!
My husband and I received work permits valid until the expiry date of his passport but we will definitely extend our work permits if we won't get permanent residence sooner ;)

Good luck, guys!
Hi,
Cong. to your permits.
Wonder how you could also applied for the OWP since the only way to apply OWP with spousePGWP is the main applicant should have 3 payslips and and a job in NOC A,B, 0. Could you please describe more your applications?

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Friends

I am on PGWP 1 year visa and want to invite my family Spouse on Open Work Permit (I have Spouse + 2 kids), so can any body guide me here what should I write in COVERING LETTER with convincing points that They will leave Canada after work permit expires.

Any convincing points or idea for letter?

Any one here who has gone through same situation?

By the way I am already working in a Canadian Engineering Company NOC B

your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
EXD

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Great to see that some application has finally been approved! I've applied with my family - June 24th and still waiting.
Good luck everyone

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Friends

I am on PGWP 1 year visa and want to invite my family Spouse on Open Work Permit (I have Spouse + 2 kids), so can any body guide me here what should I write in COVERING LETTER with convincing points that They will leave Canada after work permit expires.

Any convincing points or idea for letter?

Any one here who has gone through same situation?

By the way I am already working in a Canadian Engineering Company NOC B

your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
EXD
any one here who could help me in my above inquiry?

mrachidi

Mar 14, 2014
Thanks demoess0130, I did the same today and got my work permit paper done. Already applied on the 31st of August 2018 but got it today after flagpoling.

Reactions: demoesss0130

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Applied on May 17 - WP (with spouse PGWP, and kid SP)
June 29 - PGWP/SP approved, my WP - refused

Reapplied on June 4 (WP)
Eligibility review: September 5 (evening)
Approved: September 6

Good luck to all))
Hi,
Please if you are still on this forum, how did you go about reappying? What where the documents you used? Did you lose your status when the initial application was refused??

thatam

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,
Please if you are still on this forum, how did you go about reappying? What where the documents you used? Did you lose your status when the initial application was refused??
Did you receive any updates today? I just got refusal on my spouse work permit and mine its still under review. I would like to know what documents did you use to apply?

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Did you receive any updates today? I just got refusal on my spouse work permit and mine its still under review. I would like to know what documents did you use to apply?
Yes my pgwp is under review and my spouse’s open work permit has been refused and she also lost her status effective today. I hope they approve mine today as i am resuming work in a NOC A category tomorrow. Who is familiar with process of restoration of status

thatam

Aug 28, 2018
Yes my pgwp is under review and my spouse’s open work permit has been refused and she also lost her status effective today. I hope they approve mine today as i am resuming work in a NOC A category tomorrow. Who is familiar with process of restoration of status
I am in the exactly same situation here :(