+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, I'm in the same situation, over 100 days of application. Someone else did this process and received the money back (post # 2343 - Aug 16, 2018 at 4:58 PM). Did the officer explain to you why this would influence future applications?
I have lost track of the number of days, I applied since june 15, that’s over 3 months now. One can only just wait or take the risk of going to the border, as it seems to be the decision of the officer at the border to issue the work permit or ask you to wait for the online decision

Joselyn

Sep 5, 2018
I applied on June 9th for my PGWP, my son's SP my daughters VP and my case has not even started to be analyzed. I hope this ends soon.

Seiyanna

Aug 27, 2018
Anyone receiving any updates on their application. I applied on July 26th. My current employer won’t let me start working until I receive it. Would anyone recommend flagpolling and retracting online application?
I applied on the 17th July. Today makes day 63.....

Update
Applies: July 17, 2018
Approval: Sept 18, 2018
Got 3 years
Took 63 days.

After looking at this page I went to check the status of my application on the website and it updated. Thats when i noticed the change and it said my application was reviewed and approved. I didn't get an email stating that it updated.

Last edited:

Krosa

Sep 16, 2018
Yes it’s a new job. The study permit is expering on Nov 30th. Thank you for your feedback on flagpoling. I don’t think it’s a good option either. But just in a tough position with the current employee after my case.
Is this a new job? When is your study permit expiring?
There’s a high chance they may turn you back at the border since you already submitted an online application, but it’s a risk worth taking. But I will recommend you try flagpoling before retracting online application, so you don’t shoot yourself in the foot.
new j

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
I applied online on Aug 18th and still receive no response yet. But I have got a job offer waiting...
Would anyone recommend going to the border to do flagpole? Honestly I don't care about the application fee as long as I can get the work permit immediately. The thing is that it has already passed the 90-day window if I go to the border right now. Will it still work?

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I applied online on Aug 18th and still receive no response yet. But I have got a job offer waiting...
Would anyone recommend going to the border to do flagpole? Honestly I don't care about the application fee as long as I can get the work permit immediately. The thing is that it has already passed the 90-day window if I go to the border right now. Will it still work?
I’ll recommend you just wait till it’s approved. August 18 is still within the processing time, you can resume your job under implied status.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Aug 18 means it's been only 30-31 days and not 90.

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
I’ll recommend you just wait till it’s approved. August 18 is still within the processing time, you can resume your job under implied status.
In fact I can't because the job start date is Oct.1but my study permit and SIN number is expiring on Sep 30th. And the company (hospital actually) does not allow me to work although they have my sin number and proof of application for PGWP.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
No, I mean that you need to apply for PGWP within 90 days of your graduation letter right? It has already passed 90 days if I go flag poling right now.
Ok. In that case I woulds sggest you to stick with your current application as you never know an officer might refuse you on flagpole. You are in a bit of squeeze right now., I can understand that.

All the best

Reactions: demoesss0130

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
May I ask what date did you receive the job offer? If it were received within the 90 days mark, then flagpole would have been definitely an option worth taking as long as you check off all the boxes. But your 90 days have passed, I’d recommend that you wait for the online application result.

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
May I ask what date did you receive the job offer? If it were received within the 90 days mark, then flagpole would have been definitely an option worth taking as long as you check off all the boxes. But your 90 days have passed, I’d recommend that you wait for the online application result.
The job offer is received after 90 days. So do you mean that if I received the offer within the 90-day window, even that I have passed 90 days now when I flagpole, I can still have a chance to get it? Also the cic processing time has not been updated since September 2nd....

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
In fact I can't because the job start date is Oct.1but my study permit and SIN number is expiring on Sep 30th. And the company (hospital actually) does not allow me to work although they have my sin number and proof of application for PGWP.
You can try to go to the border with your job offer, and explain to the officer, that the employer needs the work permit. Maybe they’ll be kind enough. It’s a risk worth taking, rather than missing a job opportunity

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
My study permit expires August 2019, and i applied within two weeks of receiving my completion letter from university. It’s over 100 days since i applied for the pgwp with my spouse. I resume my new job on Monday 24th, i am considering going to the border with my job offer and other relevant documentation to try and get the pgwp tomorrow. I just don’t want complications with the new job

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
My study permit expires August 2019, and i applied within two weeks of receiving my completion letter from university. It’s over 100 days since i applied for the pgwp with my spouse. I resume my new job on Monday 24th, i am considering going to the border with my job offer and other relevant documentation to try and get the pgwp tomorrow. I just don’t want complications with the new job
Good luck with it! And please keep us updated. BTW, may I ask if you have passed the 90 days since you received your completion letter?