+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Can someone please let me know what date is on their post grad work permit when they get it.

Is it the date it was approved.

Is it the date the student visa expired

or is it the date you applied

Thanks
I am waiting 80 days now for a one year post grad WP so just wondering if it will only be vaild for a few months or one year
The date that you applied and got the application number.

Good Luck.

Mac.alvi

Jul 31, 2018
Completion letter - May 22nd
Study Permit expired - May 30th

Applied for PGWP - June 10th
Refusal Letter - July 25th
Reapplied - August 15th

Current status: waiting. (sept 10)

Lena32

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
London, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I have applied for my wife’s OWP with my offer of employment, but I didn’t attach payslips while applying as I have just started working skilled employment. Will they request for the paystubs, I just have two payslips as I get paid by month?
You can send your 2 paystubs though WebForm.

Supporting documents - Not included with the application
If you have an application in process in your online account and would like to provide additional documents (e.g., newly renewed passport), we invite you to:
  • Fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website,
  • Choose the applicable option located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry, and
  • Include
    • the document(s) in question, and
    • a brief description of the situation in the free-text box located at the bottom of the page,
      • please ensure to include this exact sentence in the description:
Please upload this additional document and attach it to my application.

It will be at the responsible office’s discretion to determine if the request to add additional document(s) is approved

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
Hey! Did someone here from july get the approval? I was supposed to get my this week but no update. 50 days now.

Krosa

Sep 16, 2018
Anyone receiving any updates on their application. I applied on July 26th. My current employer won’t let me start working until I receive it. Would anyone recommend flagpolling and retracting online application?

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
I received a reply from IRCC after 3 weeks that I had sent by web form asking about the delay:

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
Furthermore, we can confirm that your application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

Today it's been 82 days waiting...

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I received a reply from IRCC after 3 weeks that I had sent by web form asking about the delay:

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
Furthermore, we can confirm that your application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

Today it's been 82 days waiting...
Received thesame response today for CSE. Applied since june 15 with spouse

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Anyone receiving any updates on their application. I applied on July 26th. My current employer won’t let me start working until I receive it. Would anyone recommend flagpolling and retracting online application?
Is this a new job? When is your study permit expiring?
There’s a high chance they may turn you back at the border since you already submitted an online application, but it’s a risk worth taking. But I will recommend you try flagpoling before retracting online application, so you don’t shoot yourself in the foot.

Last edited:

KateBkate

Jun 30, 2018
I’ve been waiting with my spouse for almost 90 days.
We even went to the border to try to do flagpoling but the immigration border officer didn’t recommend us doing that. She said that the money won’t be refunded and we’d loose our implied status.
Of course, she said that we could take risks and try to obtain permits on the border but it can affect our future applications such as PR (this is stated in the online submission confirmation paper).
So we just headed back.

Amanda007

Aug 22, 2018
I’ve been waiting with my spouse for almost 90 days.
We even went to the border to try to do flagpoling but the immigration border officer didn’t recommend us doing that. She said that the money won’t be refunded and we’d loose our implied status.
Of course, she said that we could take risks and try to obtain permits on the border but it can affect our future applications such as PR (this is stated in the online submission confirmation paper).
So we just headed back.
Hi, I'm in the same situation, over 100 days of application. Someone else did this process and received the money back (post # 2343 - Aug 16, 2018 at 4:58 PM). Did the officer explain to you why this would influence future applications?

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I called Canada border services and inquired if i can go to the border to get the pgwp, they advised that it’s possible as long as i an eligible, but it’s entirely up to the immigration officer at the border.
Those who successfully flagpoled, did you tell the officer you initially applied online?