+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
You can try to go to the border with your job offer, and explain to the officer, that the employer needs the work permit. Maybe they’ll be kind enough. It’s a risk worth taking, rather than missing a job opportunity
Yes I am thinking about it, maybe I will try it this week after I got another official transcript. Just wondering if anyone has done this before... Went to the border after 90days with job offer...

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
The job offer is received after 90 days. So do you mean that if I received the offer within the 90-day window, even that I have passed 90 days now when I flagpole, I can still have a chance to get it? Also the cic processing time has not been updated since September 2nd....
I meant you could’ve done flagpole within your 90 days, now it has passsed, you should not flagpole

demoesss0130

Sep 19, 2018
My completion letter is over 90 days, but the date on my official transcript is july 27
I see. I don't see a date on my transcript though.. It only shows the date that I requested to print.. Don't know how the border officers will react to it. Please keep us updated if you go to the border tomorrow. Good luck!

Reactions: jai20086

Alicja

Jul 27, 2018
Applied: June 1, 2018
Application under review: Sept 18, 2018
Application approved: Sept 18, 2018

It took a looong time, but finally happened!
My husband and I received work permits valid until the expiry date of his passport but we will definitely extend our work permits if we won't get permanent residence sooner ;)

Good luck, guys!

Reactions: eduardop

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018

My husband and I received work permits valid until the expiry date of his passport but we will definitely extend our work permits if we won't get permanent residence sooner ;)

Good luck, guys!
This is good news, was it a combined family application for pgwp and owp for spouse??

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016

Good luck, guys!
Good news!!! Thank you for posting it, for sure it give us some hope for those who applied in middle of June :)

Reactions: Djendoian83

Krosa

Sep 16, 2018
Hello,
Anyone who needed a medical exam due to the nature of their work related to a health field? Did your application approval take longer?
Happy to read some positive news on pgwp approvals lately on this forum.
anyone who applied in the last week of july, please share approval dates!