+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I just saw an update in my account that my Application is approved Since Yestarday(31st May) , however I have not received any email or any document in my CIC account. Can anyone advise me if someone has been in the scenario and how much time does it takes for the update to reflect.

Reactions: wfzfreedom18

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
I just saw an update in my account that my Application is approved Since Yestarday(31st May) , however I have not received any email or any document in my CIC account. Can anyone advise me if someone has been in the scenario and how much time does it takes for the update to reflect.
Congratulations bro! Did you applied PGWP on April 29th? That was quick Lol.

Reactions: andy_2016

tongjoe94

Jun 1, 2018
Great news!

Applied : April 26 (received confirmation on April 27)
Approved: June 1 (received an update at 4:30 pm)

36 days in total

I do not know why my case is processing so rapidly.

FYI, I was in a master program starting Sep 2016. I only submitted a completion letter. There was even no information about whether I was a FT or PT student in the letter. Transcript was not submitted. The program can be one reason, or it may be the reason that my common law partner is a PR.

Good luck to all you guys!

arican

May 31, 2018
Hey Andy

Where did you see that your application was approved?
I thought we could only check the status by checking the cic account or the email...

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Been lurking here for a while. My pgwp was approved today, June 1.

Applied:24th april
Mine was a 2-yr diploma so the pgwp is for 3 yrs. I had submitted an offical letter of program completion that included all the courses, credits and grades and was signed by my department head on their official letter head. Plus, a letter of explanation.

Good luck to all of you awaiting yours!

Reactions: wfzfreedom18

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hey Andy

Where did you see that your application was approved?
I thought we could only check the status by checking the cic account or the email...
I checked my status in CIC log-in only.... you are right you can check in your account only.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Just wanted to confirm with you all guys .. For all who have got the work permit, Could you confirm what is the Type of work permit do you see in the letter in you CIC account ..

The letter I saw today in my CIC account mentions my Type permit as :

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Helvetica}

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR

So wanted to validate with you all, Is this what you guys also have on your letter from CIC

Ginalyn

Apr 25, 2018
Hello, I am new here. May I ask. For post grad study for 1 year. Are u required to submit a thesis. ?
Anyone who receive a PR after your finished school and work Permit? Thnk u

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Just wanted to confirm with you all guys .. For all who have got the work permit, Could you confirm what is the Type of work permit do you see in the letter in you CIC account ..

The letter I saw today in my CIC account mentions my Type permit as :

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Helvetica}

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR

So wanted to validate with you all, Is this what you guys also have on your letter from CIC
Yeah, same. Awaiting the physical copy of the permit now.

arican

May 31, 2018
UPDATES
Applied on: Apr 4th around 8:30 pm
Received on: Apr 5th
Started reviewing my eligibility on: Jun 1st (after a phone call the day before)
Approved on: Jun 4th around 9:30 pm (no emails -- just checked CIC account and the message was there)
ps: I only submitted a letter from the registrar saying that I was waiting for the graduation ceremony and that I have completed all the requirements for the master's degree (no transcripts).

Good luck to all of you!!! Be patient and believe...

Reactions: Henry970311

pdjstpl

Jun 5, 2018
hey I applied on May 14 and my application was received on the same day. I made a mistake on a date of my application and sent an email via web form, but so far there are no changes nor messages on my application. How about you? I've seen that someone who applied on April 29 was already approved so hopefully we only have two more weeks left of waiting
Hi there,

I applied on May 08th, there is no update in my account as well. May be when they will see your application, will consider the changes as well. So, just wait.

Thanks!!