+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
Applied : April 11
Approved: May 24
My Query is : Status approved and check message for details. But no message yet in cic site, no email too. Is this normal ?

Also,I had a different address for mailing and residential. Would CIC mail to the mailing address ?

layDB

Apr 3, 2018
Hi guys, I graduate next week but I have gotten a full-time job offer to start in July.
Kindly let me know what the application process is and when is the best time to apply.
Thanks.

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
Hi guys, I graduate next week but I have gotten a full-time job offer to start in July.
Kindly let me know what the application process is and when is the best time to apply.
Thanks.
Apply at the earliest cuz it takes a lot of time to process, lucky you that you got the offer already w/o a work permit otherwise often employers are resistant to hire even when one's work permit is in process, for eg. happened with me a few times & it's pissing cuz this f's up my employment opportunities despite fulfilling other criteria of job application/interview :X

layDB

Apr 3, 2018
Apply at the earliest cuz it takes a lot of time to process, lucky you that you got the offer already w/o a work permit otherwise often employers are resistant to hire even when one's work permit is in process, for eg. happened with me a few times & it's pissing cuz this f's up my employment opportunities despite fulfilling other criteria of job application/interview :X
Thanks for your response. I have a valid co-op work permit (internship), so that maybe helped me land the job. I'm sure you'll be fine. When did you apply?
I tried applying online and had to answer the eligibility questionnaire. At the end of it, it says I'm eligible for Express Entry.
Please let me know the options to choose when applying for the PGWP. Thanks

Rod93

May 10, 2018
PGWP Application
Submitted: April 11th, 2018
Approved: May 25th(towards the end of the day)
Total waiting time: 44 days

Good luck everyone

Reactions: andy_2016

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
Thanks for your response. I have a valid co-op work permit (internship), so that maybe helped me land the job. I'm sure you'll be fine. When did you apply?
I tried applying online and had to answer the eligibility questionnaire. At the end of it, it says I'm eligible for Express Entry.
Please let me know the options to choose when applying for the PGWP. Thanks
Tbh I don't think a co-op work permit has much of a significance to get a Post-Grad job. But often students end up in the same company where they did their internship in, hence, that maybe the case. I'm a Masters student and my program was a course based program, so I wasn't lucky in this aspect lol. I applied on 30th April, still waiting. & I think one needs to wait to get a PGWP before applying for PR, not sure though

Reactions: layDB

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
PGWP Application
Submitted: April 11th, 2018
Approved: May 25th(towards the end of the day)
Total waiting time: 44 days

Good luck everyone
Awesome news, Congrats buddy..... Although online portal is reflecting old date, but the processing time is still 45 minutes. Good to know

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hey people ... long time no body has posted about status of application. People keep posting about approvals or waits .. it will keep the moment going on

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
PGWP Extension after passport expiry

Applied: April 18th
Approved: May 30th

Good luck to everyone
Wow congrats! They say they're working on applications received on April 2nd for now on CIC, probably working on applications received till 9th by now but if they approved yours, I should get mine in a few weeks too - submitted on April 30th

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Wow congrats! They say they're working on applications received on April 2nd for now on CIC, probably working on applications received till 9th by now but if they approved yours, I should get mine in a few weeks too - submitted on April 30th
Isn't extension cases are managed separately then fresh application , If not then you are correct , we should get it with-in next couple of days.

I applied on April 29th and waiting ....

arican

May 31, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for my PGWP online on Apr 4th and they received the application on Apr 5th.
It's almost two months now and I haven't heard from them yet. So I called them at 3:45 pm and surprisingly they picked up my call at 4:21pm (past 4pm -- which suggests that they work after 4pm). So the attendant asked for my information and put me on hold while he went to take a look at it. He said that everything was okay and it was a good thing to had called because he would send a reminder to the officer that was dealing with my application to finalize it. He said that after the reminder it usually goes faster!
I would suggest to those who are waiting for almost two months to give them a call. They are very busy and situations like this can easily happen. Call right after 8am or by the end of 3pm and you are probably be placed to a queue easily.

Cheers and good luck everyone!!!

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for my PGWP online on Apr 4th and they received the application on Apr 5th.
It's almost two months now and I haven't heard from them yet. So I called them at 3:45 pm and surprisingly they picked up my call at 4:21pm (past 4pm -- which suggests that they work after 4pm). So the attendant asked for my information and put me on hold while he went to take a look at it. He said that everything was okay and it was a good thing to had called because he would send a reminder to the officer that was dealing with my application to finalize it. He said that after the reminder it usually goes faster!
I would suggest to those who are waiting for almost two months to give them a call. They are very busy and situations like this can easily happen. Call right after 8am or by the end of 3pm and you are probably be placed to a queue easily.

Cheers and good luck everyone!!!
Hi Arican,

Which telephone did you call?

Thank you!
Leo