+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

nitin sharma

Jan 4, 2018
Gurgaon
It's very hard to get an extension at the end of a 1 year work permit since the employer has to get an LMIA. Most employers aren't willing to go through the process since it's very long and expensive with no guarantee of approval.

You can only get a PGWP once. So if you study for a year and then get a 1 year PGWP - taking another 1 year program after your PGWP has finished will not get you another PGWP.

Best option is to study for 2 years so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP.

Thanks for the information.
so, in that case can i apply for another 1 year course before my programme ends, in order to make it a 2 year study ? and hence get 3 year permit ?

OR what else can be a gateway to get 3 year permit, because i have paid for my 1 year course as of now...
What shall i do, so that i can use my PGWP wisely.

Please suggest.
And, thanks for your earlier response.

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Anybody waiting for work permit for 6 months now ? My sister applied work permit in august and we didnt heard anything back from them since then ! No documents were requested or something as i check account everyday ! We called 5 times already and last time we called was January and they said ur file is in montreal( studied in montreal for 2 years ) and they said we cant contact montreal office before 2 months as per rules and we sent 4 times already For webform requeat and everytine the answer is please wait and ur patience is appericiated ! We already missed 2 job opportunities with great pay ! So so so much frustration . Anybody can help ?

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
I applied January 16 and I am still waiting. Has anyone got their pgwp who applied in January ?
Thank you
Hi!
I applied on Jan 13th and still waiting... I'll let you know when this changes.
I saw today they are checking applications submitted on December 18th.

Good luck!

amanda036

Feb 12, 2018
hey guys,
I applied on January 9th, and got the approval letter on February 9th. exactly one month waiting ( I check the cic online account everyday and never call them)
Good luck everyone : )

Reactions: mariels182

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
Ok, so maybe two to three more weeks for me, then. It's been a month now.
I'll keep you posted, guys.
Hi!
I applied on Jan 13th and still waiting... I'll let you know when this changes.
I saw today they are checking applications submitted on December 18th.

Good luck!

Hey guys! LastLnightniL receive the notification saying my pgwp waswaccepted for three tomorrow years!
I'm waiting for the paper now.
I applied Jan 13th and got the email Feb 15th.

Good luck to y'all !