+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
Hello All,

Please, this is very urgent and I will appreciate any advice and suggestion.

My one-year program will be ending by April 2018 and I have gotten an offer letter which will be starting by September 2018 (1-year program too). I have paid the tuition fee and have extended my study permit.

Please, my question is this:

(1) Can I be able to work from May 2018 till I start m next program in August 2018

I called CIC two times, the first lady that picked the call said I can work as long as my program is registered while the second lady that answered the call said I cant work till I start my next program. I also went to my school, they said I can work as long as I have paid my tuition fee and have been fully registered.

I don't want to make a costly mistake, please if you have passed through this, can you advice me or tell me your experience or better still email me Chiamy93@gmail.com.

Thanks, all.

uzair96

Oct 14, 2017
Hay guys, I got my work permit approval email today ..march 30th.
I studied 1 year graduate certificate and a normal trade certificate(i extended my study permit for this) and got the permit for 3 years.
My name was given twice on work permit(like steyn smith steyn smith) as i have given the name again on the last name, because i don't have a last name on passport.Do u guys know how to change name on it?Hope it won't create any problems in future
I took a 3 months break between courses and did not worked on sin.
Thank u all :)
Hii Steyn Smith, I just wanted to ask you, I have got admitted into 16 month PGD program with included 6 months full-time work practicum. So while evaluating PGWP(3 years) do they count study duration and work practicum duration separately??? Do they only evaluate your studies duration only or the entire program duration??? On the above program basis can I get 3 year PGWP??? your help would be greatly appreciated.

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
Oh my God...i saw what I wrote before. Something is wrong with my phone...
I received the email and then I logged in and saw the changes on the messages center. I needed to scroll over the message to see it all. I waited just one month to get it. Still waiting for the paper...
I got the permit (paper) aprox. one week after the approval online.

Good luck everyone!

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
Did you get an email saying there is an update but in the account there was no change???? Yesterday I got email stating update but I couldn’t find the update.
Thank you
Hi Manasipant,
Yes, I got that email but there was a change on the account as well. I had to scroll from side to side tho be able to see any changes.

Where you able to see it?

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
Applied twice for PGWP, both times rejected.....reason was that I applied after study permit had expired. Primary reason was due to the university sending my letter of completion 2 months late, without that I could not apply for a PGWP.

Long story short, got the university involved and they finally drafted me a letter. Got approved for the 3rd time, despite having lost 2 job offers, I got a 3rd job offer that is the best one so far.

Cheers !!!!

catmeow

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-06-2017
Med's Request
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Hi there just wanna ask a question,

I’m under PGWP now and my permit will expire on June 2019. I want to go home on vacation this December 2018 for 2 weeks. My questions is will there be no issues when I come back to Canada? I already have a TRV on hand.

Hoping for a response. Thanks!