+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if you already submitted an online application, can you still go to the border for that same application to have it process there?
It doesn't matter whether you have applied online or not, you can go to the border now matter what. It's just you have to pay at the border again.

chatknight

Aug 14, 2017
Hi actually mine is WP extension, but process time is the same as PGWP. I applied on June 1st, confirmed on June 3rd. Yesterday it changed to update then change back to submit, this morning the website shows it's approved. I think they are truly working on June 1st, thanks everyone's sharing!

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, I am in Saskatchewan too. Can you give me some details about the border? I have a part-time maintenance during spring/summer(UR said spring/summer is ok, many international students do PT during summer). I concern that they may refuse me because of this.
I went to North portal border (close to Estevan). It hardly took 1 hr for whole process.
I think it would be okay as you said most students do it. Not totally sure tho. You won't know unless you apply for PGWP.

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Hi actually mine is WP extension, but process time is the same as PGWP. I applied on June 1st, confirmed on June 3rd. Yesterday it changed to update then change back to submit, this morning the website shows it's approved. I think they are truly working on June 1st, thanks everyone's sharing!
I also applied on June 1st. Right now my online application is showing as updated.

ageg95

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Applied on June 9th. I had my status changed to update yesterday and then back to submitted. I also sent my transcript through the webform, so that can be a reason for it. Otherwise, Not much.
When did you send your transcript?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro do you know what is our personal Reference code number? Can you please also me the documents checklist I need to submit for TRV? Thanks
Did you complete "Check your eligibility" questionnaire? After completing questionnaire, a personal code would be generated.

Link for "Check your eligibility" questionnaire: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Basically, you have to fill all the info and at the last it will give the options for things you want to apply (like you want to apply for Study permit or TRV or co-op work permit etc.). Select TRV for your case and then proceed. In STEP 5, Click on "Sign in to your account" (If you already have MYCIC account else register for one). You will get checklist for TRV. Upload all the documents. you are done.

Ubcgrad1

Aug 15, 2017
I sent it on July 31st. CIC didn't actually ask me for my transcript. but I just uploaded it to be sure.
did you also send a letter of completion? If you did what was the date of completion on your letter. I applied August 14th and sent a letter of completion, which mentions my degree was conferred May 17th. I am cutting it close, right on the 90th day.