+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Kaur0185

Jan 1, 2017
Applied on June 9th. I had my status changed to update yesterday and then back to submitted. I also sent my transcript through the webform, so that can be a reason for it. Otherwise, Not much.
hey, when did you send your transcript through the web form and how long it took them to recieve?

Yin-yang

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
I apllied on june 1, but did not get any update yet. In application status it says we are processing your file and will inform you after any update. Does any one of june 1 got approval??

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
I apllied on june 1, but did not get any update yet. In application status it says we are processing your file and will inform you after any update. Does any one of june 1 got approval??
I applied on June 1st as well. Today my status changed to updated and then again changed to submitted. This is guy he applied on June 1st and got approved today. I think right now they are working on June 1st applications. Most probably we will get approved tomorrow or by Friday.

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
did you also send a letter of completion? If you did what was the date of completion on your letter. I applied August 14th and sent a letter of completion, which mentions my degree was conferred May 17th. I am cutting it close, right on the 90th day.
My degree was also conferred on May 17th. I applied on june 9th for the permit. I sent my transcripts on july 31st and they acknowledged it after 10 business days. I think you will be fine.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
So! Here is the timeline of my PGWP:
Applied: June 1
Confirmation: June3
Updated: August 16
Approval: August 17

Applied with Letter from the University.

Also, I was wondering do we get any message from CIC regarding approval?
And how long does it take to get approval letter in mail.

Thank you

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
So! Here is the timeline of my PGWP:
Applied: June 1
Confirmation: June3
Updated: August 16
Approval: August 17

Applied with Letter from the University.

Also, I was wondering do we get any message from CIC regarding approval?
And how long does it take to get approval letter in mail.

Thank you
Did you just got approved? I also applied on June 1st but still waiting

Reactions: Cherrypaul

bij0520

Sep 5, 2015
Quick update guys.
I applied for BOWP on June 2nd @15:31. And it was just changed to "updated". Then I clicked into it, the status changed to "Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Hope this helps

Last edited:

sheldon22

Jul 19, 2017
Finally I got approved

Applied on June 2nd
Confirmation on June 4th
Updated Aug 17th
Approved Aug 17th

Thank you for sharing timelines and go to CIC website regularly.
They do not always send emails to you