+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Finally I got approved

Applied on June 2nd
Confirmation on June 4th
Updated Aug 17th
Approved Aug 17th

Thank you for sharing timelines and go to CIC website regularly.
They do not always send emails to you
In order to apply for TR, what is my status right now? Like I am worker

Yin-yang

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Wow! people who applied on 2nd june are getting approval and ones who applied on 1st june are not even getting any update. Are they even processing in sequence????

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Hey folks,

I applied on June 1, got an update on August 16, and got approved shortly after on August 16.

Those that got approved, how soon did you get the actual permit by mail? How long did it take after your status changed to "Approved" online?

Also, anyone knows if you have to send your original passport to CIC when applying for TRV? Doesn't sound right to me.

~ Cheers

Ulyana1209

Jun 20, 2017
Guys, I have the same question. Who knows how long does it take to receive PGWP by mail? I got approved on Aug 10 and still waiting for the mail in Toronto. Thanks

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Hey folks,

I applied on June 1, got an update on August 16, and got approved shortly after on August 16.

Those that got approved, how soon did you get the actual permit by mail? How long did it take after your status changed to "Approved" online?

Also, anyone knows if you have to send your original passport to CIC when applying for TRV? Doesn't sound right to me.

~ Cheers
You apply for the TRV online and once a decision has been made you receive a message in your account that you print out and mail to CIC with your passport and a return envelope. It's usually very quick.

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Thanks, TheHaiderRaja. That clears things up. Hopefully they will send out our permits soon; it seems like you can't apply for TRV or renew your SIN without the permit.

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Thanks, TheHaiderRaja. That clears things up. Hopefully they will send out our permits soon; it seems like you can't apply for TRV or renew your SIN without the permit.
You can not renew your SIN without the actual permit, as for TRV - I'm not sure. I submitted the TRV application the day I received the permit and it was approved in 9 days.

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Wow! people who applied on 2nd june are getting approval and ones who applied on 1st june are not even getting any update. Are they even processing in sequence????
You need to apply for TRV (Temporary Residence Visa) in order to get stamp on your passport.

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Guys, I have the same question. Who knows how long does it take to receive PGWP by mail? I got approved on Aug 10 and still waiting for the mail in Toronto. Thanks
I think they send PGWP and Study Permits from Vegreville, Alberta, that is why it takes longer for those who lives in Toronto.

Yin-yang

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hey guys
In my account in detail column submitted was written, then it changed to updated and now back to submitted.

What does that mean?? Rest everything is same

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Hey guys
In my account in detail column submitted was written, then it changed to updated and now back to submitted.

What does that mean?? Rest everything is same
That mean they are working on your application and you will get your approval by tomorrow.