+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ronymorol

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CHC SINGAPORE
App. Filed.......
17-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-03-2013
Med's Request
20-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-13
LANDED..........
23-08-13
Hi guys,
I applied June 29th for my PGWP. But my concern is my study permit will expire this month August 23. So what should I do now? Do I need to inform that to CIC? or is it ok?
Thanks

glaelse

Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys,

I applied on June 18th then went to US on 27th and re enter.
My study permit was still valid back then so I had no issues to comeback.
But according the the CIC website, if it's still under processing I may re enter as a visitor and can't work until I get my work permit.
I'm quite confused since it says 'may'.
Does anyone know whether I'm available to work or not in this situation?
Thanks.

chatknight

Aug 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I applied on June 18th then went to US on 27th and re enter.
My study permit was still valid back then so I had no issues to comeback.
But according the the CIC website, if it's still under processing I may re enter as a visitor and can't work until I get my work permit.
I'm quite confused since it says 'may'.
Does anyone know whether I'm available to work or not in this situation?
Thanks.
I just went back from US and that moment my WP still process, and the border agent told me I am a visitor now and need to stop working until get approved.

It's kind of implied status once you left Canada, you won't be able to work when you re-enter, need to wait until it gets approved.

Or, you can prepare the documents you applied on-line to see whether you can apply and get the WP immediately at the border.

shakesy

Aug 14, 2017
Does anyone know if you can start working after your study permit expires, but before you get your new work permit? I talked to Service Canada and they said it is at the discretion of the employer. But I also talked to SIN number services and they said I am not allowed to.

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Does anyone know if you can start working after your study permit expires, but before you get your new work permit? I talked to Service Canada and they said it is at the discretion of the employer. But I also talked to SIN number services and they said I am not allowed to.
Yes, you can work as you are under implied status until your application is approved by cic.

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Applied on June 9th. I had my status changed to update yesterday and then back to submitted. I also sent my transcript through the webform, so that can be a reason for it. Otherwise, Not much.