+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
You have to have a valid study permit to apply for pgwp. I would apply for an extension for study permit (include an explanation letter to explain your situation) and then once hopefully its approved you can apply for your pgwp.
Best of luck
Went to the border yesterday. CIC cannot do much as it was a university issue, both out of my hands and CICs. Will most likely have to turn down my job offer and leave Canada. Cannot apply for an extension for a study permit as well due to the fact that now I possess a Bachelor of Engineering degree from a Canadian university.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Went to the border yesterday. CIC cannot do much as it was a university issue, both out of my hands and CICs. Will most likely have to turn down my job offer and leave Canada. Cannot apply for an extension for a study permit as well due to the fact that now I possess a Bachelor of Engineering degree from a Canadian university.
i'm really sorry to hear this. i dont know the full story. but i think you should give it a shot, as long as you are within the 90 days. explain everything in the LOEand if you have email trails that can prove when you requested the letter and when the school provided it attach that to the LOE. the worst that could happen is your refusal and you have nothing to lose now. :). so give it a shot before you leave Canada

Reactions: Knuckles

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
i'm really sorry to hear this. i dont know the full story. but i think you should give it a shot, as long as you are within the 90 days. explain everything in the LOEand if you have email trails that can prove when you requested the letter and when the school provided it attach that to the LOE. the worst that could happen is your refusal and you have nothing to lose now. :). so give it a shot before you leave Canada
I was initially refused despite applying within 90 days of expiration (applied exactly on the 61st day). Will go to the CIC office in Ottawa to see what are my current options, hopefully other than leaving Canada.

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
I was initially refused despite applying within 90 days of expiration (applied exactly on the 61st day). Will go to the CIC office in Ottawa to see what are my current options, hopefully other than leaving Canada.
Your case is not uncommon. You have to apply for a restoration of status (since your study permit expired) along with your PGWP. Search on this forum, I lot of people have done it, and worked.

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
Your case is not uncommon. You have to apply for a restoration of status (since your study permit expired) along with your PGWP. Search on this forum, I lot of people have done it, and worked.
Pardon my urgency, how do I apply for a restoration of status if it is outside the 90 days.

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Pardon my urgency, how do I apply for a restoration of status if it is outside the 90 days.
I am sorry I cannot help directly you. Like I said, search on this forum threads like this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-restoration-of-status-and-pgwp-refused.385090/

From my knowledge you can apply even after the 90 days, since you already applied wrongly, but you will have to explain you situation for the office.

It is possible, but you will have to search other cases.

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
I am sorry I cannot help directly you. Like I said, search on this forum threads like this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-restoration-of-status-and-pgwp-refused.385090/

From my knowledge you can apply even after the 90 days, since you already applied wrongly, but you will have to explain you situation for the office.

It is possible, but you will have to search other cases.
I understand. Thank you very much for your time :)

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Blessed, thanks! Do you know if this will affect the processing time of my application?
I dont know. but i doubt it.

EDIT: Also where will I be able to check if my address has changed?
you can call the call-center after a few days to confirm if the new address is on your file.

rawnasareeb

Jul 17, 2017
I have tried calling the call centre several times but they seem to be busy all the time. Any suggestions on when to call them? Also, to connect with an agent, do you have to choose one of the self-serve options and then wait, or an agent is connected before the options?