+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

sheikhsadik

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Mine did not say that, I just checked but as far as I know everybody submitted only letter cuz that is what they told us at school and they were not giving us transcripts unless we requested it online and it took few days to mail it. (The school is SAIT in Calgary).

I really hope I will get mine approved if not I am thinking about flagpoling so i dont have to wait another 2 months :/
I agree, even my school advisor told me to submit the graduation letter/certificate instead of the transcript, in some cases the transcript may not be presumed to be an official document.

kezz

Dec 9, 2015
I agree, even my school advisor told me to submit the graduation letter/certificate instead of the transcript, in some cases the transcript may not be presumed to be an official document.
Lets think about it for a second. When you apply, they ask you specifically which document will you provide, then they expect you to upload that document. If you were REQUIRED to submit both you wouldnt have had the option. Worst case they email you ask for the transcript but I dont really think you'ld get a refusal.

yuna.canada

Nov 22, 2016
Hi, guys! I need your help!

I would like to know if, in the 90 days after graduation and before I apply to PGWP, I can still work.
I finished my studies in April, 28 and I did not applied to pgwp yet, but I am still working.
Am I working illegally??? Someone told me that I am and now I am really worried!!!

Please help!

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi, guys! I need your help!

I would like to know if, in the 90 days after graduation and before I apply to PGWP, I can still work.
I finished my studies in April, 28 and I did not applied to pgwp yet, but I am still working.
Am I working illegally??? Someone told me that I am and now I am really worried!!!

Please help!
You can work if you have active work permit. If you apply for PGWP with active WP, you can work while you wait your PGWP even your WP finishes soon (after applied your PGWP)

yuna.canada

Nov 22, 2016
You can work if you have active work permit. If you apply for PGWP with active WP, you can work while you wait your PGWP even your WP finishes soon (after applied your PGWP)
Thank you very much Jdunchik! But I have a valid Study Permit... I thought that, as I was able to work part time during my course, I was also able to work during this 90 days. Do you think is it ok?

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Thank you very much Jdunchik! But I have a valid Study Permit... I thought that, as I was able to work part time during my course, I was also able to work during this 90 days. Do you think is it ok?
yuna.canada, plz read here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-how.asp

If you have a valid off-campus work permit (these are usually issued for the same period as your study permit, for instance, a period of study plus 90 days), you can start the job while waiting for your work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.

If you do not have authorization to work off campus while waiting for your post-graduation work permit, you must wait until the permit arrives to begin your new job. It is illegal to work in Canada without a valid work permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=496&top=15

yuna.canada

Nov 22, 2016
yuna.canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-how.asp

If you have a valid off-campus work permit (these are usually issued for the same period as your study permit, for instance, a period of study plus 90 days), you can start the job while waiting for your work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.

If you do not have authorization to work off campus while waiting for your post-graduation work permit, you must wait until the permit arrives to begin your new job. It is illegal to work in Canada without a valid work permit.
Jdunchik, you are awesome! Thank you very much!