+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
This is very helpful. No wonder why all her friends in her same situation got theirs approved. Seems like our CBSA officer was ignorant. She did Social Service Worker which is obviously helath related field. We are ready to submit more documents. I even ended up checking her T$ slip which is no where near 20hrs a week.
Best of luck!!

Reactions: Invikto95

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I applied may 14th and waiting...

Got a question...do we have to submit transcripts or just the letter of completion? Cuz I see ppl saying they submitted both?!

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014

Got a question...do we have to submit transcripts or just the letter of completion? Cuz I see ppl saying they submitted both?!
only letter of completion is required . if you check your application online there is a box only for the letter and not for transcripts. you can add those as additional documents if you want to.

Reactions: ssuccess_04

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
only letter of completion is required . if you check your application online there is a box only for the letter and not for transcripts. you can add those as additional documents if you want to.
yes there is a space only for transcripts OR letter OR diploma. you have to select ONE from the three option. however Cic recommed to send Transcripts and Letter attach in ONE document. i have seen many people getting rejected because they send only the letter or only the transcripts.
the transcripts is required to see if whether you were FULL time or not while the Letter Confirms your program duration stating you have graduated. CIC wants BOTH document.

choo_choo_avocado

Jun 13, 2017

Hi! I graduated from Ryerson and triple checked with the International Student Services that we don't need both. They said you only need one of those documents (I attached the letter from school that clearly says I was a full-time student). I would trust them because they've done this for years.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hi! I graduated from Ryerson and triple checked with the International Student Services that we don't need both. They said you only need one of those documents (I attached the letter from school that clearly says I was a full-time student). I would trust them because they've done this for years.
everyone has to understand that individual applications end up with different officers for approval. True it is only on that is required as it is stated on the CIC website. however, i have heard of cases of refusal for submitting one without the other and cases of approval with just one.

so it pretty much depends on the officer handling the application;)

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
yes,at least your letter stated you were a full time, most university letter dont state whether nor not you are a full time. it just says you completed your degree. In that case Both document are needed.

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
everyone has to understand that individual applications end up with different officers for approval. True it is only on that is required as it is stated on the CIC website. however, i have heard of cases of refusal for submitting one without the other and cases of approval with just one.

so it pretty much depends on the officer handling the application;)
So true :)

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
yes,at least your letter stated you were a full time, most university letter dont state whether nor not you are a full time. it just says you completed your degree. In that case Both document are needed.
Mine did not say that, I just checked but as far as I know everybody submitted only letter cuz that is what they told us at school and they were not giving us transcripts unless we requested it online and it took few days to mail it. (The school is SAIT in Calgary).

I really hope I will get mine approved if not I am thinking about flagpoling so i dont have to wait another 2 months :/

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
And it would be fair if the officer would request transcripts if had any doubts as I did everything on time.

And even on my tramscripts it does not clearly say I did it full time, there is just 6 courses per semestr each worth that much credits and thats it...

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Mine did not say that, I just checked but as far as I know everybody submitted only letter cuz that is what they told us at school and they were not giving us transcripts unless we requested it online and it took few days to mail it. (The school is SAIT in Calgary).

I really hope I will get mine approved if not I am thinking about flagpoling so i dont have to wait another 2 months :/
hopefully everything goes out perfectly