+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Does CIC have access to CBSA notes/comments or would CBSA notes/comments affect processing of PGWP? Any help would be great. Gf is freaking out !!!

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
We had tried to flagpole and officer ended up thinking that field practicum which is a course in every sem was considered as work and thought that she did not comply by study permit rules (able to work only 20 hrs since she was already working 20 hrs PT ). She added notes somewhere and she did say that our brst shot would be to apply online since CIC can validate it better, Little worried here. ;(

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Applied online on may 19th. Don't know if CBSA's comments/notes would reject her application. if that happens what are the alternative options for my gf to remain in Canada?

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Applied online on may 19th. Don't know if CBSA's comments/notes would reject her application. if that happens what are the alternative options for my gf to remain in Canada?
CBSA work with cic. Everything is in the system. whatever communication you have with CBSA, cic will see it. it is on your file. now it is for CIC to decide whether to give you the PGWP or not, they will do extra investigation to see if they deserve the post graduate work permit. Be patient and pray.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
But her friends got their pgwp. Apparently everyone working in health related field have to do their field practicum. and they work PT too.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
should I contact CIC and tell our situation and seek any alternative ?? Would you think withdrawing the application would be a bad idea?

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
We even have a letter from her program coordinator stating that she was not a employee with the agency and that she was a learning professional. It also states that it was unpaid.

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
We even have a letter from her program coordinator stating that she was not a employee with the agency and that she was a learning professional. It also states that it was unpaid.
I have couple of question regarding your case...
1. How did CBSA know that she was working during her practicum?? Did they ask her???
2. If her program falls under health care programs then you no need to worry... Because there are rules stating that health care students allow to work approximate 16 weeks of practicum without need of any extra work permit.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I have couple of question regarding your case...
1. How did CBSA know that she was working during her practicum?? Did they ask her???
2. If her program falls under health care programs then you no need to worry... Because there are rules stating that health care students allow to work approximate 16 weeks of practicum without need of any extra work permit.
Yes rsk 123, CBSA officer did ask her and ended up convinving my gf that field practicum is co-op.It's unfortunate that my gf could not explain it to her because she was not expecting it and the officer seemed to be bit rude. Other officers were just approving PGWP for everyone else. She even told that "I cannot approive you PGWP TODAY:" She simply did not want to give it to her that day. And now she is very disappointed and worried.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes