+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea what validity date means on gcms note?
For info sharing: 2
Validity date: 23/11/16

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
Going to MP's office can save you $5 for ordering GCMS notes to get a status update on your application or submit documents on behalf of you much faster than using the web form. they can't speed up the process. that's my experience.

Yes, that is the most important thing when it comes to restoration of your status for PGWP. I attached the receipt to my letter of explanation, and upload to optional document when i submitted the PGWP application.

Even if you submitted your receipt via the web form and got a confirmation email from IRCC saying that it's attached to your application, you are still good.

Because there's a federal court decision that IRCC should take into account anything that was submitted via the web form before the decison is rendered.

did you have any part time term during your program?
Please I am confused about this restoration receipt, because it is after one submits the application and make payments you get the receipt so how did you attach yours to the letter of explanation? I had to update mine via webform

noclue

Nov 15, 2023
Please is it different from the one we pay during the application process?.
Because I paid a total of $455. But not on this page it was when I wanted to submit the application I paid
There was an announcement that they will increase the fees sometime on December I believe. So that's what it is.

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
Hello house,
So I got my work permit restoration approved Dec 6, although I am still waiting to get the paper copy of the work permit. Can I work while waiting for this? And please how long does it take to get the paper copy mailed to me?

Jul 27, 2023
Hey does anyone know what to do in my case?
PGWP (First time ever, applied online) : 5th May 2023
Received Applied Status Letter: 11th May 2023
No update since then. I have filled webforms and spoken to IRCC too, still no progress.

sjanjua81

Jun 4, 2021
Hey does anyone know what to do in my case?
PGWP (First time ever, applied online) : 5th May 2023
Received Applied Status Letter: 11th May 2023
No update since then. I have filled webforms and spoken to IRCC too, still no progress.
You are not alone in this boat.
PGWP (First Time, Online Application) : May 10, 2023
Applied Status Letter : May 18, 2023
No Update since then, Raised webform and inquired through MP as well.
Application Still Under Process.
Just waiting............................................. Nothing in our control
Hopefully New year will bring some joy.

zcmol

Jan 10, 2024
Hey guys, Hope you are doing well,

Basically what happened was I received my completion letter and transcripts on Dec 5th 2022, But my completion letter says that it was issued in August because thats when i got done with college, but I did not have them in hand until Dec 5th as I had payments due, this was due to financial issues at my parents business due to covid, but I was able to clear the fee by Dec 5th and get the documents. I then applied on Jan 6th for my PGWP , which I believe did not have a clear explanation on this situation so it was refused on May 30th. I then re-applied on June 3rd with an explanation letter with a consultant explaining all the situations, which was the 180th day from Dec 5th the day i got my documents. But I again received a refusal, stating that I had crossed 180 days and I called IRCC to confirm the officer notes on refusal and they mentioned that I did not provide a proof from the DLI of receiving my documents late, I then asked my college for help to provide a proof and they wrote me a letter and I submitted it on the refused application through webform, but my application is still refused. Please help me out and let me know what I can do in this situation. I currently have a visitor record and I am very short on time. Should I make a new application ?

Any replies and suggestions will be appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys, Hope you are doing well,

Basically what happened was I received my completion letter and transcripts on Dec 5th 2022, But my completion letter says that it was issued in August because thats when i got done with college, but I did not have them in hand until Dec 5th as I had payments due, this was due to financial issues at my parents business due to covid, but I was able to clear the fee by Dec 5th and get the documents. I then applied on Jan 6th for my PGWP , which I believe did not have a clear explanation on this situation so it was refused on May 30th. I then re-applied on June 3rd with an explanation letter with a consultant explaining all the situations, which was the 180th day from Dec 5th the day i got my documents. But I again received a refusal, stating that I had crossed 180 days and I called IRCC to confirm the officer notes on refusal and they mentioned that I did not provide a proof from the DLI of receiving my documents late, I then asked my college for help to provide a proof and they wrote me a letter and I submitted it on the refused application through webform, but my application is still refused. Please help me out and let me know what I can do in this situation. I currently have a visitor record and I am very short on time. Should I make a new application ?

Any replies and suggestions will be appreciated.
What was reason for first refusal? Were you always full-time, no breaks, never failed? Honestly you have three refusals and you graduated a year ago so PGWP may not be even possible. You are way past the 180 day mark to reapply.

zcmol

Jan 10, 2024
What was reason for first refusal? Were you always full-time, no breaks, never failed? Honestly you have three refusals and you graduated a year ago so PGWP may not be even possible. You are way past the 180 day mark to reapply.
I had one part time semester. Yes you are right its way off, I am just trying to explore my options.