+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Allure24

Feb 22, 2024
I am unable to sign in upon clicking on the GCKey. It says "We're sorry, something went wrong". Is there an outage interruption? Is anyone able to sign into there account today. I am in Ontario.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I am unable to sign in upon clicking on the GCKey. It says "We're sorry, something went wrong". Is there an outage interruption? Is anyone able to sign into there account today. I am in Ontario.
Apparently an ongoing issue, I've read it in other places.

Allure24

Feb 22, 2024
My PGWP has finally been approved. My timeline:

Applied - October 28, 2023
WP - EXT for PGWP - October 29, 2023
Correspondence Letter - January 4, 2024 (It read "final decision" even if there was no final decision at the time)
Called IRCC to expedite my application on January 31, 2024. I was told it was still "in process" and that they would notify the office about expediting it.
Approved - February 22, 2024

(CPC Edmonton)

dell2910

Feb 23, 2024
PGWP processing is too long! good or bad?
Applied - May 3, 2023
WP - EXT for PGWP - May 4, 2023
Correspondence Letter - May 25, 2023
My application still processing. count day more than 8 months
Should I need to call IRCC or just wait?
Because I still working full-time in the body shop.

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
PGWP processing is too long! good or bad?
Applied - May 3, 2023
WP - EXT for PGWP - May 4, 2023
Correspondence Letter - May 25, 2023
My application still processing. count day more than 8 months
Should I need to call IRCC or just wait?
Because I still working full-time in the body shop.
Isn’t your employer asking for an updated work permit? How are you able to work?
can you work with applied status?

I applied for extension on aug 31st PGWP ext ( because my passport expired) , I have received no updates.

Reactions: Naturgrl

dell2910

Feb 23, 2024
Isn’t your employer asking for an updated work permit? How are you able to work?
can you work with applied status?

I applied for extension on aug 31st PGWP ext ( because my passport expired) , I have received no updates.
My employer isn't required to update my work permit.
However, the Correspondence Letter said I was allowed to work while waiting for my PGWP processing.
I just know that if I don't have the PGWP, the government won't count my years of experience.

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
My employer isn't required to update my work permit.
However, the Correspondence Letter said I was allowed to work while waiting for my PGWP processing.
I just know that if I don't have the PGWP, the government won't count my years of experience.
where do I get the correspondence letter from?

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
Applied for PGWP on September 28th, 2023.
Got WP -EXT for 6 months which will expire on March 25th 2024.
Haven't heard anything so far, I have tried submitting Webform few times with replies where they are asking to submit it again with attached letter. I did that and no response so far. Does anyone know if there is any number to call ?

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
Applied for PGWP (removing of conditions) on 17 Nov 2023, and it's over the processing time by 9 days. Called CIC helpline and application's review still not started. How long will it take as it has already passed normal processing times.

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Applied for PGWP on September 28th, 2023.
Got WP -EXT for 6 months which will expire on March 25th 2024.
Haven't heard anything so far, I have tried submitting Webform few times with replies where they are asking to submit it again with attached letter. I did that and no response so far. Does anyone know if there is any number to call ?
You cannot call them. only through Webform. I underwent same scenario like you . But i had a Visitior visa for 10 years. So i stayed in canada and worked in Canada though 120 days got over. i got my PGWP almost after 9 months , this helped me lot because i got 3 years of PGWP from this date - so tehnically i got 3 year + 9 months of work permit. was lucky , worth waiting.

i raised webform and got the below response.

Please do not reply to this email.

Protected A
Good day XXXXX
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your work permit application is still in process. If the letter we sent you when you applied online to extend or change your work permit is now expired and you haven’t left Canada, you have maintained your status. You can keep working under the same conditions of your current work permit until we make a decision on your application.
Here is why the letter expires after 120 days:
  • This is the service standard to process this type of application, and
  • Many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work,
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada.
If your employer or others require proof that you can continue to work, you can show them:
  • This email,
  • The information on our website,
  • Your expired immigration document,
  • A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your account,
  • Proof that you paid the fees, and/or
  • If you received a Request Letter from IRCC, a copy of that letter.
For more information on maintained status, we invite you to consult our website.​

lizard2457

Jun 2, 2022
Hi All,

I received my PGWP in 2023 January, however my passport was due to expire on 2024 April.
So, I renewed my passport and applied for the remaining duration of my work permit. I submitted the application on paper ( this was advised by IRCC customer care). I linked my application to my account online.
There have been no updates whatsoever, I submitted this application on Aug 31st, I even raised a web form to which I got a generic response.
I’m currently working full time , would my work permit impact my employment? Is anyone facing a similar issue?
More details - I’m Indian, I applied from Montreal.
Hi! I also applied on paper to extend my PGWP. I mailed my application on January 18, 2024 and so far no updates. Did you receive any updates?

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Hi! I also applied on paper to extend my PGWP. I mailed my application on January 18, 2024 and so far no updates. Did you receive any updates?
Raise a webform . I did it 3 times every month , until i got a proper response like below. The key is maintaining the status -In your case you are mainatining the status (https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#maintained-status) - i believe you are in implied status!!

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your work permit application is still in process. If the letter we sent you when you applied online to extend or change your work permit is now expired and you haven’t left Canada, you have maintained your status. You can keep working under the same conditions of your current work permit until we make a decision on your application.

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi,

I currently went out of status on Feb 21st and i am submitting a Visitor Record.
my Question is the dates for visiting the country asked - the from and to date.

1) do i put the date from when i submit my application onwards and count 6 months OR
2) can i count 90 days (restoration time) and put from 21st May till 6 months or is this not allowed

Can anyone clarify the above for me? I called IRCC call centre and they told me it has to be the date from 22nd Feb onwards but my application wont accept it beng back dated. Does anyone know how i can go about this?

Thank you in advance!