+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had one part time semester. Yes you are right its way off, I am just trying to explore my options.
If you had a part time semester then you were not eligible for a PGWP. This has nothing to do with not paying your fees and getting your completion letter in December 2022.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply, what would you suggest as other options? going back to studying?
You can try for a study permit. It is processed outland. You would need to select a program that builds on past program and gives improved career benefits in home country. You will need to pay first year tuition and show $21k in your bank account. Studying in Canada and being refused PGWP and not paying fees may be considered.

Nik2093

Aug 17, 2023
I am going to apply for PGWP. I was part-time in fall 2023. which was my last semester to complete the graduation. Winter 2023 was my last attended full-time semester. The subject which s required to complete graduation is not running into spring semester. Because of that I was not registered for Spring semester.

Is it considered as a scheduled break? How can I explain this gap into my PGWP application.

I am a bit worried about PGWP.

Please help me to provide a proper explanation for PGWP application.

Dec 13, 2023
Hey does anyone know what to do in my case?
PGWP (First time ever, applied online) : 5th May 2023
Received Applied Status Letter: 11th May 2023
No update since then. I have filled webforms and spoken to IRCC too, still no progress.
Hi, did you got any update? I am also waiting for my work permit. I applied on July 22

Mel5577

Dec 5, 2023
Seeking Advice: Applied for PGWP, Unintentional Unauthorized Work, Got a Job Offer while waiting for PGWP decision

Hi everyone,

I completed my Master's program (2 years) on October 23rd, 2023, and applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) on November 19th, 2023. However, I unknowingly continued my part-time job until November 12th, not realizing that I couldn't work post-completion.

Upon learning this, I promptly stopped working following advice from international student advisors at my university. After having applied for the PGWP, I haven't received the temporary work permit (WP-EXT for PGWP - IMM 0127 E). The advisors at the international student office asked me to refrain from working until I get the PGWP. Hence, I haven't been working since the 19th of November, 2023 and it's been very tough for me.

Now, I've received a fantastic job offer from a reputable company that requires a work permit document for employment. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.

I'm considering presenting the job offer documents to IRCC through a web form. Does anyone think this would help expedite the processing of my PGWP? Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Ufo_girl

Nov 17, 2023
Please help me understand GCMS Notes

Application date: May 30th, 2023
Correspondence letter: June 27th, 2023 (biometrics valid)
No updates since then so applied GCMS notes

Assessments show:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Org Crime:
Medical:
Misrep:
Other req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final: Approved
Counterfoil: N

Under Admissibilities

Security
Security: 0

HIRV
HIRV: 0

Criminality
Criminality: 1

Info sharing says status NRT

Under finalization there is no mention of any document issuance (it is 0) and in notes there is no mention of anything just follow ups from my MP who was told my application was approved on June 27th, 2023

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting and not able to understand what is happening? Is this an approved file as per the GCSM? Why is security 0? PLEASE PLEASE share your thoughts or experiences.

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Hi All,

I received my PGWP in 2023 January, however my passport was due to expire on 2024 April.
So, I renewed my passport and applied for the remaining duration of my work permit. I submitted the application on paper ( this was advised by IRCC customer care). I linked my application to my account online.
There have been no updates whatsoever, I submitted this application on Aug 31st, I even raised a web form to which I got a generic response.
I’m currently working full time , would my work permit impact my employment? Is anyone facing a similar issue?
More details - I’m Indian, I applied from Montreal.

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
My wife applied for spouse OWP in June and still no update. Anyone with similar timeline. Thank you in advance.

Farha Telwala

Feb 8, 2024
Hello everyone , I applied for my work permit on August 31, 2023, after my course ended on August 18, 2023, and it has been almost 5 months since I received any information, not even a letter of eligibility. I applied via mail, and when I called IRCC, they said I was not eligible for the paper application, but they have informed the processing officer, and they will consider it a normal application, so you won't be rejected. But still, it has been more than the processing time, and I have raised several web forms and even mailed the local MP a few times but received no response. Please suggest how I can escalate my processing time.
Also, can I withdraw my application and apply again online? my study permit has expired on December 31, 2023
please help and suggest something because i am not able to find a job due to this

Millishah08

Feb 16, 2024
Hi All,

I received my PGWP in 2023 January, however my passport was due to expire on 2024 April.
So, I renewed my passport and applied for the remaining duration of my work permit. I submitted the application on paper ( this was advised by IRCC customer care). I linked my application to my account online.
There have been no updates whatsoever, I submitted this application on Aug 31st, I even raised a web form to which I got a generic response.
I’m currently working full time , would my work permit impact my employment? Is anyone facing a similar issue?

Millishah08

Feb 16, 2024
Hi All,

Millishah08

Feb 16, 2024
Hey! How long did it take for AOR to come? or link to your portal? I am in a similar situation and I am changing my job ( My permit expires April 2024)