+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ufo_girl

Nov 17, 2023
I applied for PGWP on May 27th, 2023. On June 27th, 2023 I got a correspondence letter from IRCC saying my biometrics are valid. There has been no update since then, so I asked an MPs to inquire from IRCC on the status of my application and their office said that the IRCC agent confirmed my application is approved. But I have not received the final decision yet. Is this common and when will IRCC respond to me now that MPs have reached out asking for an update. Please share if you have gone through a similar experience and what were the timelines till you got a response?

levineluiz

Oct 2, 2023
Please, does anyone here know about anyone who ever applied for the PGWP along with an extension for OSWP (for spouse)... and the PGWP was approved, but the OSWP is still processing, with no final decision for several weeks after the PGWP approval?

arhasan96

Jul 5, 2020
TImeline for pgwp-ext on paper:-
Applied for pgwp-ext:-july 24th
Background check completed- August 29th
Correspondence letter:- November 22nd
Approval:- November 23rd

Hope this helps someone who is still waiting for their pgwp-ext
Hi,
TImeline for pgwp-ext on paper:-
Applied for pgwp-ext:-july 24th
Background check completed- August 29th
Correspondence letter:- November 22nd
Approval:- November 23rd

Hope this helps someone who is still waiting for their pgwp-ext
Hi, Thanks for posting your experience. I also applied on paper 3 months ago and still waiting for anything. Can u tell if u linked your application to the online portal? What was the correspondence timeline for you (either online or mail)?
Thanks again!

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
Hello everyone, does anyone have an idea on restoration processing time ?
Applied for work permit restoration in August still waiting for a response. 102days already

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
Please, does anyone here know about anyone who ever applied for the PGWP along with an extension for OSWP (for spouse)... and the PGWP was approved, but the OSWP is still processing, with no final decision for several weeks after the PGWP approval?
Did you attach your employment details ?( I mean the PGWP holder)

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
i agreed dont stress yourself out but rest assured i applied on june 11 with expired status too for pgwp + restoration and my review started oct 23rd. received correspondence letter that day then approved the day after. expect a reply within this month max for your application. you will be approved if you submitted good documents
Pls did you apply for a visitor record after your permit expired?

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
i agreed dont stress yourself out but rest assured i applied on june 11 with expired status too for pgwp + restoration and my review started oct 23rd. received correspondence letter that day then approved the day after. expect a reply within this month max for your application. you will be approved if you submitted good documents
Wow. The application took like 19 weeks, pls did you apply for a visitor record while waiting for your restoration?

CC0612

Mar 19, 2021
Pls is this for restoration? That's 24weeks!
Restoration + PGWP
I did not apply for any permit while waiting. I just paid the restoration fee and attached it in my PGWP application.
I got 6 weeks of study permit extension, 3 years of PGWP and 5 years of eTA.
When did you apply?

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
Applied on August 18th for restoration of work permit. 103 days today.
Contacted mp to request for urgent processing. He replied that ircc has received it and waiting for officer review on Nov 8th

noclue

Nov 15, 2023
Applied on August 18th for restoration of work permit. 103 days today.
Contacted mp to request for urgent processing. He replied that ircc has received it and waiting for officer review on Nov 8th
if you applied PGWP within the time frames (90 days for restoration 180 days for PGWP) and attached a receipt for the restoration fee. you don't need to worry about it. my situation was even worse but i still got approved. i got a refusal then i reapplied for PGWP with restoration request.

also the processing time is approximatey 130 days. as your application is within the average processing time, no one can do anything. Even if your application passes the processing time, IRCC officers don't have any obligations to speed up your application when a MP requests an update. It's more of a suggestion. Only Federal Court of Canada can order IRCC to do something.
I know it sucks. But this is how IRCC works...

Marh

Oct 27, 2021
if you applied PGWP within the time frames (90 days for restoration 180 days for PGWP) and attached a receipt for the restoration fee. you don't need to worry about it. my situation was even worse but i still got approved. i got a refusal then i reapplied for PGWP with restoration request.

also the processing time is approximatey 130 days. as your application is within the average processing time, no one can do anything. Even if your application passes the processing time, IRCC officers don't have any obligations to speed up your application when a MP requests an update. It's more of a suggestion. Only Federal Court of Canada can order IRCC to do something.
I know it sucks. But this is how IRCC works...
Thank you for this. I submitted documents via web form (medical reasons and financial) to request for urgent processing. So mp followed up and replied the office have received it and awaiting officer review.

Please I have a question, do I need to upload proof of restoration fee payment ?

noclue

Nov 15, 2023
Thank you for this. I submitted documents via web form (medical reasons and financial) to request for urgent processing. So mp followed up and replied the office have received it and awaiting officer review.

Please I have a question, do I need to upload proof of restoration fee payment ?
Going to MP's office can save you $5 for ordering GCMS notes to get a status update on your application or submit documents on behalf of you much faster than using the web form. they can't speed up the process. that's my experience.

Yes, that is the most important thing when it comes to restoration of your status for PGWP. I attached the receipt to my letter of explanation, and upload to optional document when i submitted the PGWP application.

Even if you submitted your receipt via the web form and got a confirmation email from IRCC saying that it's attached to your application, you are still good.

Because there's a federal court decision that IRCC should take into account anything that was submitted via the web form before the decison is rendered.

did you have any part time term during your program?