+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Nov 10, 2022
UPDATE

I got connected with IRCC after 30th try. Started calling from 7:59 am got connected at 9:05 with 42 minutes wait time.

If you get message saying "We are unable to connect"...cut the call and try again immediately. I hope it works for you guys.

The agent said that they have forwarded my file and concern to the respected office. I've applied on 6th June and still nothing .

Last edited:

Shivam Parekh

Nov 19, 2022
Hello everyone, it would be appreciated if someone can help me out. Actually, I have two questions. First is, I had completed my post graduation in december and my study permit is valid till april 2023. I have to travel india in january for some reason and will be coming back in feb last week. Can I enter in canada on study permit or do i need to apply for work permit immediately. I am confused as hell, please help me out with genuine reason with reference. Second is, can I continue doing part time job as my studies are over now and I didn't apply for any PGWP right now. Please, help me out if someone has faced the same issue. Thank you so much.

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Hello everyone, it would be appreciated if someone can help me out. Actually, I have two questions. First is, I had completed my post graduation in december and my study permit is valid till april 2023. I have to travel india in january for some reason and will be coming back in feb last week. Can I enter in canada on study permit or do i need to apply for work permit immediately. I am confused as hell, please help me out with genuine reason with reference. Second is, can I continue doing part time job as my studies are over now and I didn't apply for any PGWP right now. Please, help me out if someone has faced the same issue. Thank you so much.
As long as you have valid study permit (expiry date is beyond feb ). you can apply for work permit inside or outsie canada.

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
PGWP extension (due to passport expiry date) applied by mail
paper application send by mail: Aug 23, 2022
Received at the office (Alberta case processing center) : Aug 29, 2022 (Application date)
Link to online account by UCI and passport number: September 14, 2022
Approved: Dec 6, 2022

I am in the same situation.
can you please tell me how did you link it to your online account?

ar.armeet

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Canada
Hello guys,
I have not received any email from IRCC in August that I am eligible to work till May 31, 2023.
I did receive the email that I might be eligible for Interim Work Authorization.
Please suggest what should I do? Should I contact IRCC or apply for apply for Work permit extension.
My WP is expiring on 17th Dec, 2022.

Shivam Parekh

Nov 19, 2022
MAke sure you also have valid visa , you require this to enter into Canada
what do you mean by a valid visa? I just have my study permit S1 visa till april 2023, but everyone says that after graduating from college, study permit gets expired. What if i try to apply PGWP as soon as I get my marksheet and then travel to india. While coming back is there any issue ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what do you mean by a valid visa? I just have my study permit S1 visa till april 2023, but everyone says that after graduating from college, study permit gets expired. What if i try to apply PGWP as soon as I get my marksheet and then travel to india. While coming back is there any issue ?
Do you have a valid TRV? If not you need a TRV to re-enter Canada.