+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
I applied on 4th of July and still didn’t get approval. Even my eligibility review has not been started. What to do? My friend who applied on 1st of July she got it. Few of the friends who applied after me they also got pgwp. I’m scared
Just wait. Each officer is assigned a load of files. So sometimes sequence is broken depending on how long some files take.

Balraj Dhillon

Feb 25, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
WP
I applied on 4th of July and still didn’t get approval. Even my eligibility review has not been started. What to do? My friend who applied on 1st of July she got it. Few of the friends who applied after me they also got pgwp. I’m scared
Bro I applied on May 19th even my review has not started yet.

csolorzano

Dec 5, 2022
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I applied to PGWP on June 25th (Inland, online in QC). My eligibility started this weekend I believe, which is exciting! Has anyone applied from the Montreal area and received their hard copy by mail? How long can it take?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I applied to PGWP on June 25th (Inland, online in QC). My eligibility started this weekend I believe, which is exciting! Has anyone applied from the Montreal area and received their hard copy by mail? How long can it take?
My wife's pgwp was approved on Sep 29, and we received physical copy on 7th Oct. (Montreal, Quebec. H3H)

Reactions: csolorzano

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
hi all. pgwp was approved end october and I have not received the physical copy yet. have sent many webforms asking about it, but no response. Please advise

csolorzano

Dec 5, 2022
hi all. pgwp was approved end october and I have not received the physical copy yet. have sent many webforms asking about it, but no response. Please advise
I would suggest also to verify the documents you provided, because for a study permit last year, I made the mistake of putting in the wrong address (wrong building number) and the envelope never came (because the address did not exist). It took me more than 6 weeks to get the hard copy. I had to call and tell them my mistake and they resent the document. Just check if you might have put in the wrong address...

And by documents, I mean the actual forms you submitted from the beginning. That's the address they use.

Reactions: Walecott

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Bro I applied on May 19th even my review has not started yet.
i applied on May 10th and no progress yet. Submitted webform and they responded, i can still work and the app is in progress only. i cannot leave the country so i can maintain the status.

...response form IRCC
Please do not reply to this email.
Good day xxxxx,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your work permit application is still in process. If the letter we sent you when you applied online to extend or change your work permit is now expired and you haven’t left Canada, you have maintained your status. You can keep working under the same conditions of your current work permit until we make a decision on your application.​

csolorzano

Dec 5, 2022
Hi all, I wanted to update. Here's my timeline.

Applied on: June 25th 2022
Eligibility review on: December 5th 2022
Approved on: December 6th 2022
Now waiting for the hard copy :)

Good luck everyone! This process is very frustating - trust me, it's not the first application I've done. Hang in there! :)
Ps. I did send a message through the Web Form about a week ago saying that the processing time was exceeded (it was around 145 days when I applied in June). I don't know if that helps to accelerate the process, but it's not the first time I've tried that and within a couple of weeks, I got accepted. Just saying..

tanny_ca

Sep 6, 2019
Congratulations!! Did you get the email?
No email. and no additional document.
There is one line displaying the new work permit number and expiry date/update date.
And the Status changed to 'Approved'.
(The email may come late today or tomorrow. I just refreshed the IRCC page, and it suddenly changed to 'Approved' and the new work permit appears. It may take several hours to receive the other document and notification email)

Reactions: ashucan