+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

GURLEEN GILL

Aug 1, 2022
HI, can anyone tell me here how many days it take to get passport request after we apply for trv ? I applied for trv today with physical copy of work permit

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
So now that I have my PGWP approved, I want to apply for TRV. My wife's SOWP is still in process (submitted July 29). Should we wait for her WP to be approved as well or can we submit our TRVs right away?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
So now that I have my PGWP approved, I want to apply for TRV. My wife's SOWP is still in process (submitted July 29). Should we wait for her WP to be approved as well or can we submit our TRVs right away?
You can apply for yourself. That's what I did. I applied for trv as soon as I received approval letter. You do not need to wait for your physical copy of pgwp. Also, your spouse won't be receiving approval before December/January.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
You can apply for yourself. That's what I did. I applied for trv as soon as I received approval letter. You do not need to wait for your physical copy of pgwp. Also, your spouse won't be receiving approval before December/January.
So you mean that if I apply for both TRVs right now, hers might get rejected because her SWOP is still in process?

koyac

Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for your answer, but I didn't get it. You said earlier that you called them a couple of days ago. So you called them again yesterday, and they started the eligibility review on the same day?
Yes, exactly like that. First call was on Wednesday last week but nothing happened after that. In both calls they didn't say much just that I have to wait and that my application was ok. But I got the status update like an hour after calling yesterday.

Reactions: ndoan95

Sissyyy

Sep 13, 2022
Yes, exactly like that. First call was on Wednesday last week but nothing happened after that. In both calls they didn't say much just that I have to wait and that my application was ok. But I got the status update like an hour after calling yesterday.
What time did you call them? Because I’m not able to have anyone when I call them due to the high volume of calls

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
So you mean that if I apply for both TRVs right now, hers might get rejected because her SWOP is still in process?
Pgwp physical copy or approval letter is required for trv. Also, you should not submit more than one application at a time. I would suggest you to apply for yourself only.

Reactions: andrews17