+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Rufaida

Aug 1, 2019
If you have TRV based on your study permit and expires next year in March 2023, and if you get your work permit, can you travel outside of canada based on the visa we got for Study permit?

Reactions: Aegon Targaryen

gabeblamo

Oct 6, 2022
Hey everyone!! So I'm just confused. My study permit will expire on November 2022 and I've already applied for my pgwp last August. If incase my application has still no progress and my student permit expires, am I still allowed to work full time?

vaibhavvj

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Applied for PGWP online on May 12
Still waiting for an update. Is anyone else who applied around that time still waiting?

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I applied PGWP and OWP for my spouse as the same time on May 6th and they sent me the WP-EXT which expired on Sep 4th. Until now, nothing happened. Our visas, our work permits, our MSP cards, our SINs is expired and we really want to go home in January. How can we do now? I’m so depressed We need the PGWP/OWP to extend all out documents.
Me too! 168 days waiting and counting. No status change.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
It seems you are right. Waiting since April 14 and yes I have a dependent on my application.
When I called them and asked if was going to take longer because of dependents on the application they said no. Because the same officer that gets my application will assess the other at the same time. I guess they just don’t like to deal with multou applications and are procrastinating lol

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Yes, exactly like that. First call was on Wednesday last week but nothing happened after that. In both calls they didn't say much just that I have to wait and that my application was ok. But I got the status update like an hour after calling yesterday.
Did you apply with Family at the same time? And did you ask them to escalate or just check status?

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Did you apply with Family at the same time? And did you ask them to escalate or just check status?
I applied with dependents. Waiting since April 26th. Did they escalate your case? They told me they will escalate only after processing goes beyond 166 days now 167 actually.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I applied with dependents. Waiting since April 26th. Did they escalate your case? They told me they will escalate only after processing goes beyond 166 days now 167 actually.
I just spoke with them this morning. The agent said that now I have past 2 days from the processing time and she sent an email to the officer requesting to speed up my process. However she said it could take up to 2 weeks for them to answer. And if I did not hear back in two weeks to call again.

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I just spoke with them this morning. The agent said that now I have past 2 days from the processing time and she sent an email to the officer requesting to speed up my process. However she said it could take up to 2 weeks for them to answer. And if I did not hear back in two weeks to call again.
Generally they start reviewing once the case is escalated. Monday is a holiday so there may be a little bit delay. Let’s hope for the best. I will also call on Tuesday

Reactions: AnaCamp