+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

maam1994

Jan 8, 2020
I can see that as well, required by 4 October. But, it should be an error bcs that form is only require if you're applying outside of canada.
Did you get the same request? Yeah required by October 4 for me as well. My spouse applied for her SOWP and she got the same request. Yeah, strange because we both are in Canada.

Chog

Oct 24, 2020
Did you get the same request? Yeah required by October 4 for me as well. My spouse applied for her SOWP and she got the same request. Yeah, strange because we both are in Canada.
Hey guys! I took a look and I got exactly the same request but they never sent a message telling me that I had to submit these documents. It also says October 4 in the required by column. According to the submittion instructions it says the following:

Did we request an additional document from you?

If we requested additional documentation to support your application, please upload, the document (s) requested. When the document is uploaded, select the "next" button to sign and submit the document(s). Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation message in your account.
If "overdue" appears in the status column, it means you have missed the deadline to upload the requested information. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to submit the additional document(s) and a decision about your application will be made based on the information previously provided.

I'm guessing they did not request the documents but they are saying that if we want to submit those documents we have until October 4 to do so. They are not mandatory.

GoOfy_4485

Sep 5, 2022
I haven't got any email for that but I can see that under submitted documents. It is strange indeed. Also, that form is under optional documents. In client information also I can see required by 4th October. I strongly believe it's an error. I'll wait for other's response before submitting that form.

GoOfy_4485

Sep 5, 2022
Hey guys! I took a look and I got exactly the same request but they never sent a message telling me that I had to submit these documents. It also says October 4 in the required by column. According to the submittion instructions it says the following:

Did we request an additional document from you?

If we requested additional documentation to support your application, please upload, the document (s) requested. When the document is uploaded, select the "next" button to sign and submit the document(s). Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation message in your account.
If "overdue" appears in the status column, it means you have missed the deadline to upload the requested information. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to submit the additional document(s) and a decision about your application will be made based on the information previously provided.

I'm guessing they did not request the documents but they are saying that if we want to submit those documents we have until October 4 to do so. They are not mandatory.
Possible.

None of my friends provided that form and they all got their pgwp without any issue.

Reactions: maam1994

GoOfy_4485

Sep 5, 2022
Regarding the 5257 required form issue, I asked my friend who applied on May 19 to check if he's also seeing it. When he checked the date was 5th Oct on his application. Same happened to my application as well. Now the date is changed to 5th oct from 4 oct. So I am sure that it's a technical issue from IRCC.

chitrarth236

Dec 3, 2019
Someone posted this in r/ImmigrationCanada Reddit :

Initial PGWP (Inland) Approved!

Applied: May 13th/14th.

Eligibility Review Started: September 12th.

Approved: September 14th.

Processing Time: 124 Days.

All the best everyone!

Reactions: Sissyyy

ca0g6230

Oct 25, 2020
Someone posted this in r/ImmigrationCanada Reddit :

Initial PGWP (Inland) Approved!

Applied: May 13th/14th.

Eligibility Review Started: September 12th.

Approved: September 14th.

Processing Time: 124 Days.

All the best everyone!
applied around same day, hopefully will get soon

GURLEEN GILL

Aug 1, 2022
Any approvals today?
I guess processing time slowed down again all of my friends who applied in april or early may got their pgwp. It’s so hard to wait for long time

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
You can work legally and your employer needs to understand that.
Refer R186 (w)
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-186.html

In addition to that, IRCC has been working hard to approve Work Permits and people from May 7 and May 8 have also started receiving approvals. I received mine yesterday (applied May 5). So, I think, you should get yours soon too.
So this link was the one that finally convinced my employer that I am legally allowed to continue working even when my letter has expired. Thanks for sharing it, if you're ever around Hamilton, On, let me know to buy you a coffee or beer XD