+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

queeneverly

Aug 23, 2022
initial pgwp application: may 6th 2022
eligibility review started : august 31st 2022
approved: september 1st 2022

expiring: 2025, so it’s a 3 years pgwp

no email was sent to me after i received WP- EXT document on may 7th

I also submitted the wrong transcript and submitted the right one through webform on july 15th. I was sent two confirmation emails, both automated. first one to confirm i submitted a webform and i got that a week later. second one was i received a month after july 15th and it was automated but it said my webform information was verified and sent to the responsible office

i can assume they got it. good luck to everyone, i was really anxious that would affect my eligibility. If you applied the first week of may, yours is coming i hope. hope everyone gets their good news.

also my approved did not come with a confirmation document and when do you expect to receive the official document

Last edited:

sal97

May 16, 2021
initial pgwp application: may 6th 2022
eligibility review started : august 31st 2022
approved: september 1st 2022

expiring: 2025, so it’s a 3 years pgwp

no email was sent to me after i received WP- EXT document on may 7th

I also submitted the wrong transcript and submitted the right one through webform on july 15th. I was sent two confirmation emails, both automated. first one to confirm i submitted a webform and i got that a week later. second one was i received a month after july 15th and it was automated but it said my webform information was verified and sent to the responsible office

i can assume they got it. good luck to everyone, i was really anxious that would affect my eligibility. If you applied the first week of may, yours is coming i hope. hope everyone gets their good news.

also my approved did not come with a confirmation document and when do you expect to receive the official document
Hey! Congratulations first of all :)
If I may ask - what was the error with the transcript you uploaded in the beginning? Mine are official but it doesn't mention my degree. Although there is the Confirmation of Graduation letter to take care of that, I was wondering if I should send the transcript with the degree mentioned

queeneverly

Aug 23, 2022
Hey! Congratulations first of all :)
If I may ask - what was the error with the transcript you uploaded in the beginning? Mine are official but it doesn't mention my degree. Although there is the Confirmation of Graduation letter to take care of that, I was wondering if I should send the transcript with the degree mentioned
the transcript which was wrong was just incomplete only had the details of my first year instead of 3 years… i think yours is okay

Reactions: sal97

ipkylie

Sep 29, 2021
I would like to share the dramatic process I was experiencing of awaiting my PGWP. And give some people on the same boat to have some confidence.

Submitted: May 05, 2021
File has been transferred to Etobicoke on Jun 08/2021
Processing: Aug 26, 2022 and Sep 01, 2022
Results: refused on Aug 26, 2022 and then got approved on Sep 01, 2022

The whole situation was so ridiculous. After I have been waiting for almost 16 months, I got refused on Aug 26, 2022. I was so stressful and depressed. I resulted in paying the consultation fee to the lawyer and hired the lawyer on Sep 01, 2022. I paid the lawyer 3000 dollars for dealing my case. After two hours I paid the lawyer, I got a letter from an Immigration officer said they reopened and reconsidered my file and then changed the decision to “approved.”
I didn’t do any action, even not calling IRCC, but they reconsidered my application.

I am extremely happy with that but I felt so horrible for the 5 days after I got rejected at the first time.
Good news is that I have been gone through it.
Good luck every one on your application!!

Reactions: jassiesandhu

Deep027

May 7, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I had my study permit expired on 2021 December. However, I did apply and extend my study permit until July 2022. I finished my studies while working part time. I graduated on April 2022. I applied for my work permit and currently waiting for it to get approved (implied status). The issue is after getting my study permit extended I renewed all my govt id like BCID, MSP but forgot to renew the SIN number expiration date to new extended study permit date. Honestly speaking I forgot it and didn’t notice it. I was working completely legal and paying all my taxes. I had my status as a student too. I am EXTREMELY WORRIED IF IT WILL EFFECT MY PR APPROVAL IN FUTURE OR CURRENT WORK PERMIT APPROVAL. PLEASE HELPPPP HELPPP!!!!!!

Guyz please don’t ignore my message, I kindly request everyone to just shed some light on my topic. I am extremely worried. Please reply me. I will heartily appreciate it!!!!
Don’t worry about pgwp ig it won’t be affected

ipkylie

Sep 29, 2021
I applied 28 august 2020. Yes '2020'. File transferred to etobicoke. Heard nothing YET.
Lost all hopes. Did everything, MP, webforms, GCMS, no luck.
Hi!

I was on the same boat as yours.
I applied my PGWP on May 05 2021.
I had not been hearing from them for 14 months and then I decided to make a lie. In July, I sent webform and said I definitely need to travel outside of Canada for some reason in October. After a month I got an email from an agent mentioned that they forwarded my concerns to the responsible office. After two weeks they reviewed my application.
But it’s very dramatic on my case as I was refused at the first time and then after 5 days they sent me a letter and said they changed my status to “approved.”
BTW, I just got approved today, Sep 01, 2022
Also, on Jun 08, 2021, my file was transferred to Etobicoke too.
If you still not receive your decision, maybe try this way.
But if your file has been transferred to Etobicoke, get a professional to check on the GCMS you got and they will figure out what’s going on with your file. They transferred mine because they had a concern about mine.
Hope this helps you.
Share my luck with you!
Send me a message if you want to know what I said in webform.

Last edited:

Wendynuel

Jan 7, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone have update on SOWP applications? My application has been pending since March 18. Any information on SOWP status will be appreciated.

Thank you

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I would like to share the dramatic process I was experiencing of awaiting my PGWP. And give some people on the same boat to have some confidence.

The whole situation was so ridiculous. After I have been waiting for almost 16 months, I got refused on Aug 26, 2022. I was so stressful and depressed. I resulted in paying the consultation fee to the lawyer and hired the lawyer on Sep 01, 2022. I paid the lawyer 3000 dollars for dealing my case. After two hours I paid the lawyer, I got a letter from an Immigration officer said they reopened and reconsidered my file and then changed the decision to “approved.”
I didn’t do any action, even not calling IRCC, but they reconsidered my application.

I am extremely happy with that but I felt so horrible for the 5 days after I got rejected at the first time.
Glad it was finally taken care of, what was their reason for refusing it the first time?

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022

Hmm, I am curious what did the lawyer do here to fix the situation so quickly. However, it is a great news. Congratulations!

Pingers

Dec 21, 2021
Hi,

Does anyone have update on SOWP applications? My application has been pending since March 18. Any information on SOWP status will be appreciated.

Thank you
Applied March 22nd, still waiting. Called CIC, they told me I could call back if my wait time exceeds the 166days & they would escalate

Reactions: Wendynuel