+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Silent observer here

PGWP APPROVED (INLAND). TIMELINE:

Application date: 5th May 2022
Eligibility review started: 30th August 2022
Application approved: 31st August 2022

I had 1 semester part-time from Jan 2020-April 2020.
I submitted a letter of explanation with the truth explaining my situation.

Edit: To apply for my TRV from within Canada, do I use GCKEY or the IRCC portal?
did you send any webforms?

shreypdev

Aug 10, 2022
I applied for PGWP on Jan 31 and unfortunately my application on gckey portal is still pending. Its been very long now and I am bit worried of what happened to my application. Anyone have solution to this problem or faced similar problem. I tried calling them, no one pick up and I tried filling up webform and no one replies to that as well. Please any help is appreciated.

Gurvinder001

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
I applied for PGWP on Jan 31 and unfortunately my application on gckey portal is still pending. Its been very long now and I am bit worried of what happened to my application. Anyone have solution to this problem or faced similar problem. I tried calling them, no one pick up and I tried filling up webform and no one replies to that as well. Please any help is appreciated.
Ok same situation applied ok 21 jan

queeneverly

Aug 23, 2022
Hi everyone! My timeline:
Initial PGWP app: May 6
WP-EXT doc: May 7
Approval: Aug 31

If you applied the first week of May, you should be hearing back from them this week. This thread helped me gauge processing times so I hope this update helps. Cheers!
i also applied may 6 yet to receive any update when did eligibility review start

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
You can apply for GCMS notes to see if there has been any progress with your application.

Reactions: Miracle2018
Aug 19, 2022
Anyone know if we need to wait for the physical PGWP to arrive before we apply for a TRV? Also any idea how to apply for OHIP with PGWP? Any insight appreciated

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
guys approximately when do you think approval would come out for those who did their applications in the 20th of may? or those who applied in the third week of may?

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
guys approximately when do you think approval would come out for those who did their applications in the 20th of may? or those who applied in the third week of may?
We don't know the volume of PGWP applications filed during the month of May. But to give you an idea of their pace, yesterday they approved May 5th applicants and today I can see an approval for May 6th. So probably in 2-3 weeks from now they'll get to you.