+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi,

Does anyone have update on SOWP applications? My application has been pending since March 18. Any information on SOWP status will be appreciated.

Thank you
Mine was approved around 2 weeks back. Application Date - 5th March 2022. Saw many others with application dates ranging from 7th to 8th March 2022 got approved around the same time. Call them if your application has exceeded the current processing time.

ywang625

Sep 2, 2022
Hi!

I was on the same boat as yours.
I applied my PGWP on May 05 2021.
I had not been hearing from them for 14 months and then I decided to make a lie. In July, I sent webform and said I definitely need to travel outside of Canada for some reason in October. After a month I got an email from an agent mentioned that they forwarded my concerns to the responsible office. After two weeks they reviewed my application.
But it’s very dramatic on my case as I was refused at the first time and then after 5 days they sent me a letter and said they changed my status to “approved.”
BTW, I just got approved today, Sep 01, 2022
Also, on Jun 08, 2021, my file was transferred to Etobicoke too.
If you still not receive your decision, maybe try this way.
But if your file has been transferred to Etobicoke, get a professional to check on the GCMS you got and they will figure out what’s going on with your file. They transferred mine because they had a concern about mine.
Hope this helps you.
Share my luck with you!
Send me a message if you want to know what I said in webform.
Congratulations! Just curious is there anything special about your application that made them refuse your application upon first review?

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone have update on SOWP applications? My application has been pending since March 18. Any information on SOWP status will be appreciated.

Thank you
My husband got his SOWP extension approval today.
Applied inland- May 24, 2022
Approved- Sept 02, 2022

Hope you get yours soon.

Reactions: ElianeB

vidhugaba

Aug 23, 2022
You can still work after the expiry of the letter. But sometimes the employer doesn’t allow. Like my employer is asking me to submit work permit or extended wp ext letter. I have already raised the webform requesting them to give me the wp ext with extend date on it if In case the work permit is going to take more time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Why there’s an expiry date on the letter

Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

it’s the service standard to process this type of application
many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter

If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

you can show them this web page, or
if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us
My TRV and SIN is also expiring by September 30, 2022. Please you help me understand what should I do next so that I can continue working full-time being on the implied status. How can I extend the TRV and SIN validity?

vidhugaba

Aug 23, 2022
My TRV on passport and SIN is also expiring by September 30, 2022. Please someone help me understand what should I do next so that I can continue working full-time being on the implied status. How can I extend the TRV and SIN validity?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
My TRV on passport and SIN is also expiring by September 30, 2022. Please someone help me understand what should I do next so that I can continue working full-time being on the implied status. How can I extend the TRV and SIN validity?
As you have implied status, you can continue to work until a decision has been made on your application. You don't need to do anything to continue working. If your employer wants proof, you can show the WP-EXT letter and the web page from the link posted by S_priya.

Once your work permit is approved and you get the work permit hard copy, you can apply for a new TRV and renew your SIN.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I applied for my PGWP on May 18 and I received the temporary letter, or whatever it's called, to start working while I wait for my work permit. This letter says it's valid until September 18. I'm working and my employer asked me to get a new extension before that date or else I can't continue working. I even sent them the link where it says that I can still keep working even in that letter has expired, but they're insisting I need to get a new extension.

Is this something I can easily get at Service Canada?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I applied for my PGWP on May 18 and I received the temporary letter, or whatever it's called, to start working while I wait for my work permit. This letter says it's valid until September 18. I'm working and my employer asked me to get a new extension before that date or else I can't continue working. I even sent them the link where it says that I can still keep working even in that letter has expired, but they're insisting I need to get a new extension.

Is this something I can easily get at Service Canada?
The best option is to contact IRCC Client Support Centre and let them know your situation. They might be able to help. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Client support centre agent (in Canada only)

Available in French and English

1-888-242-2100

Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (your local time)
Not available on statutory holidays

Reactions: andrews17

ca0g6230

Oct 25, 2020
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm guessing waiting times are very long.
I am in similar timeline I even tried calling IRCC few times in the morning / noon /afternoon none of the time works.. On website it says if you can reach out, the agent can help issue an extension of the WP-EXP but I can't get someone on the phone.. Lucily my employer is not inisiting on that

Reactions: andrews17

vidhugaba

Aug 23, 2022
As you have implied status, you can continue to work until a decision has been made on your application. You don't need to do anything to continue working. If your employer wants proof, you can show the WP-EXT letter and the web page from the link posted by S_priya.

Once your work permit is approved and you get the work permit hard copy, you can apply for a new TRV and renew your SIN.
Thanks for the information.

Pingers

Dec 21, 2021
SOWP approved.

Applied: March 22nd 2022
eligibility: Sep 2nd
approved: Sep 2nd

Officer called my spouse's employer to confirm job and duties. Make sure you tell your spouses employer an officer might call, can see them rejecting an application if they didn't get an answer etc.

Also, I applied separate from my spouse & uploaded her PGWP via webform.

Reactions: Miracle2018