+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

El_Jefe

Oct 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

Been closely following the Forum over the past couple of months and it has provided me with relief and hope. I can relate to the angst and frustration felt by many of you, but I can assure you there's light at the end of the tunnel; just keep moving forward.

PGWP Applied May 1 (inland Canada, biometrics already on file)
Sent multiple Web Forms and calls to IRCC, I even went as far as have my MP contact IRCC and was told to wait still processing
Application was for family (spouse n child together)
Got an email that biometrics was still valid on October 4th
Checked my account about an hour ago and saw approval for everyone

I share all your experiences, missed job opportunities, cessation of provincial and tax benefits etc. Thankfully for me I was still employed as my employer accepted and recognize implied status (in fact there was no issue on their side), or else I dont know how i would've coped going almost 6 months with no income. For members with Ohip, if the expiry date is after March 15, you are still covered (exemptions)....this I am positive about as I used mine just a few weeks ago.

Anyone with any questions, I will be more than happy to assist based on my experience, especially persons applying for their families as I know how tedious and frustrating the process can be.

All the best guys

olero3

Aug 31, 2020
Has anyone experienced the issue of being stuck on "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." for a prolonged period of time?

Reactions: Longhair

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hello Guys,

Been closely following the Forum over the past couple of months and it has provided me with relief and hope. I can relate to the angst and frustration felt by many of you, but I can assure you there's light at the end of the tunnel; just keep moving forward.

PGWP Applied May 1 (inland Canada, biometrics already on file)
Sent multiple Web Forms and calls to IRCC, I even went as far as have my MP contact IRCC and was told to wait still processing
Application was for family (spouse n child together)
Got an email that biometrics was still valid on October 4th
Checked my account about an hour ago and saw approval for everyone

I share all your experiences, missed job opportunities, cessation of provincial and tax benefits etc. Thankfully for me I was still employed as my employer accepted and recognize implied status (in fact there was no issue on their side), or else I dont know how i would've coped going almost 6 months with no income. For members with Ohip, if the expiry date is after March 15, you are still covered (exemptions)....this I am positive about as I used mine just a few weeks ago.

Anyone with any questions, I will be more than happy to assist based on my experience, especially persons applying for their families as I know how tedious and frustrating the process can be.

All the best guys
Congrats!!!! You applied for all family, right? Did you have a job offer at that time? My husband applied on may 20, he got a job offer and I applied last week with the letter of his application since he didn't receive his PGWP yet... I really hope to receive my OWP as well.

Aniljha

Jul 6, 2020
Congrats!!!! You applied for all family, right? Did you have a job offer at that time? My husband applied on may 20, he got a job offer and I applied last week with the letter of his application since he didn't receive his PGWP yet... I really hope to receive my OWP as well.
Any forum for open work permit

El_Jefe

Oct 5, 2020
Yes thats right, application for my family was included with mine. I was employed in a NOC A job while going to school which continued through Coop and onwards, so that kinda helped when doing my application.