+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Kudos to IRCC team!!

My work permit has been approved today including my spouse open work permit.
Application submitted on May 1st
Eligibility has been reviewed on Oct 1st.
Work permit was approved on Oct 2nd.

Good luck to everyone!
Where did you apply from? Is there a sort of rhyme or rhythm going on here. I applied since February and I still have not gotten approval.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Where did you apply from? Is there a sort of rhyme or rhythm going on here. I applied since February and I still have not gotten approval.
CEC - Inland Canada, LMIA Exempt Employer specific Closed WP.
I had received biometric request however it was bypassed for those who're applied from/in Canada as per new policy update given by IRCC hence I've not given any biometric.
In total it took 5 months for my application.

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hello guys, i have a PR application in progress with R10 passed. So my question is it mandatory to apply bowp or my employer can file closed WP as well like it was done initially?
so your employer can ofcuz file for closed wp..But since u can apply for bowp ..why would u want close wp?

I have counter question..the closed wp which you have rite now...what was the duration of that wp??

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Spouse work permit approved today !
Applied May 12, 2020
Approved October 5, 2020
you guys should not be classified into "super delay" in this forum.
180days is the regular processing time
congrats

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
where have you applied from? As in which country?
Inland,
I applied on april 1 and got approval on september 25
My wife changed from student permit to a work permit on may 12 and got approved yesterday.

Reactions: Kitae

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
HI EVERYONE, did someone apply to PGWP first and later apply to spouse extension OWP? My husband applied on May 20 and I applied for my OWP (extension) last week. Since he didn't receive his PGWP I applied for me with his letter of application and the job offer. I really hope this works! Anyone in the same situation?

vinniechandak

Aug 28, 2020
HI EVERYONE, did someone apply to PGWP first and later apply to spouse extension OWP? My husband applied on May 20 and I applied for my OWP (extension) last week. Since he didn't receive his PGWP I applied for me with his letter of application and the job offer. I really hope this works! Anyone in the same situation?
I did exactly the same thing. Luckily my spouse got her work permit in the last week and I sent her PGWP through web form. I think you should be OK and he should get his PGWP in next couple of weeks as they have increased processing speed. Best luck!

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I did exactly the same thing. Luckily my spouse got her work permit in the last week and I sent her PGWP through web form. I think you should be OK and he should get his PGWP in next couple of weeks as they have increased processing speed. Best luck!
So you uploaded her PGWP in your process, right? When did you apply for your OWP? In my case, he is not working yet, he has the job offer, but he cannot work since he applied for the PGWP on implied status. At that time he was waiting for his study permit extension. Best luck for us!!!

vinniechandak

Aug 28, 2020
So you uploaded her PGWP in your process, right? When did you apply for your OWP? In my case, he is not working yet, he has the job offer, but he cannot work since he applied for the PGWP on implied status. At that time he was waiting for his study permit extension. Best luck for us!!!
I applied for OWP on 27th Sept and she received her PGWP document on 3rd Oct. I filled out webform and sent the document. I think you need to upload job offer of NOC 0/A/B category along with three paystubs. In my case I had all the documents except PGWP which I uploaded post submitting my application.

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I applied for OWP on 27th Sept and she received her PGWP document on 3rd Oct. I filled out webform and sent the document. I think you need to upload job offer of NOC 0/A/B category along with three paystubs. In my case I had all the documents except PGWP which I uploaded post submitting my application.
I applied for my OWP on Sep 29. He had the last 3 paychecks and the job offer (NOC B) as well. Since he will keep working in the same job when he get his PGWP, I had all the docs as well. The paystubs and job offer, the paystubs were from April, when he stopped to work. As soon as I get the PGWP I will upload that too!

Last edited:
Reactions: vinniechandak