+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
HI EVERYONE, did someone apply to PGWP first and later apply to spouse extension OWP? My husband applied on May 20 and I applied for my OWP (extension) last week. Since he didn't receive his PGWP I applied for me with his letter of application and the job offer. I really hope this works! Anyone in the same situation?
Hi Mila, if you don't mind sharing few more details, then it will be of great help to me as well.

I guess.

1. Your husband was on Study Permit. You were on SOWP because of that study permit? That was the situation before May 2020.
2. Your husband applied for PGWP on May 20?
3. You applied applied for SOWP extension in Sept 2020. By that time his application was in progress but not yet decided so you included his application confirmation and his job offer. What did you do about salary slips?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I applied for my OWP on Sep 29. He had the last 3 paychecks and the job offer (NOC B) as well. Since he will keep working in the same job when he get his PGWP, I had all the docs as well. The paystubs and job offer, the paystubs were from April, when he stopped to work. As soon as I get the PGWP I will upload that too!
One more thing, has he stopped working due to PGWP under process? Did he change employer?

I am asking because I was under impression that your spouse must be working currently for you to qualify for SOWP. Since he cann't work till he gets his PGWP (at least thats the impression that I got), how come you can apply for SOWP.

Pardon my ignorance. I don't know all facts of your situation.

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
One more thing, has he stopped working due to PGWP under process? Did he change employer?

I am asking because I was under impression that your spouse must be working currently for you to qualify for SOWP. Since he cann't work till he gets his PGWP (at least thats the impression that I got), how come you can apply for SOWP.

Pardon my ignorance. I don't know all facts of your situation.
His course finished on April 10 and his study permit and my WP expired on March 30.

We applied for study permit extension and my WP extension on March 20

He finished his course and he applied for PGWP without a valid status on May 22 (on implied status)

He got a job offer from the previous company

Our extension applied on March 20 were approved in the end of august for 30 days

I applied for my WP extension regarding his PGWP on Sep 29 with his letter of application and last paycheck.

It’s a little confuse.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
His course finished on April 10 and his study permit and my WP expired on March 30.

We applied for study permit extension and my WP extension on March 20

He finished his course and he applied for PGWP without a valid status on May 22 (on implied status)

He got a job offer from the previous company

Our extension applied on March 20 were approved in the end of august for 30 days

I applied for my WP extension regarding his PGWP on Sep 29 with his letter of application and last paycheck.

It’s a little confuse.
I can see whats going on. Processing delay and implied status.

So for him Study Permit -> Study Permit (extension) (this got approved BUT approval came AFTER the period which was approved for got expired itself) -> PGWP (applied on implied status which disappears in End Aug 2020).

Since his work permit application is still under process... there is one weirdness... Isn't he out of his status? Like his (new extended) status ended on April 30. His implied status ended during end of Aug... Funny situation when your implied status last longer than actual status :) . So beyond that, he will be out of status. Unless I am missing something.

Is he currently in status? Actual or Implied?

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I can see whats going on. Processing delay and implied status.

So for him Study Permit -> Study Permit (extension) (this got approved BUT approval came AFTER the period which was approved for got expired itself) -> PGWP (applied on implied status which disappears in End Aug 2020).

Since his work permit application is still under process... there is one weirdness... Isn't he out of his status? Like his (new extended) status ended on April 30. His implied status ended during end of Aug... Funny situation when your implied status last longer than actual status :) . So beyond that, he will be out of status. Unless I am missing something.

Is he currently in status? Actual or Implied?
We are all on implied status.

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for Spouse Open work permit with out PGWP as both our visas got expired on 30th September. I have received my PGWP approval on October 1st. Any idea how to attach the supporting document? Is it through a web form? Or do we have option to upload the doc throu cic profile?

vinniechandak

Aug 28, 2020
Hello,
I have applied for Spouse Open work permit with out PGWP as both our visas got expired on 30th September. I have received my PGWP approval on October 1st. Any idea how to attach the supporting document? Is it through a web form? Or do we have option to upload the doc throu cic profile?
There is no provision to upload additional documents on the CIC profile once you submit your application. I sent the documents through webform and I think that's the only option CIC has provided as far as I know.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,
When did you apply?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The processing time is down to 176 days... some progress. Still quite high. The number is calculated as how much time it took to complete 80% of past applications. I don't know what is the time window of "past applications" so the actual speed up can be much higher than this.

Bang86

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Does anybody received his/her mailed work permit after recent approval lately?

I submitted my work permit extension on April 30th approval was October 1st, haven’t received the hard copy yet.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Does anybody received his/her mailed work permit after recent approval lately?

I submitted my work permit extension on April 30th approval was October 1st, haven’t received the hard copy yet.
Took me 1 week to get the work permit physically.

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

Bang86

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Cool, thanks for the swift response. I moved in between applying and being approved, also set up mail forwarding, but it seems not all mail is forwarded correctly, fingers crossed.

Reactions: eithan203

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Any one applied in late May or early June and received any positive response?