+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

vinniechandak

Aug 28, 2020
Hey there
Just a quick question. I habe a job offer, applied on 28th May still processing and my employers wants the actual work permit for hiring. Then I told I was on an implied status and then she asked me for the sin number and that expires today. She told me she couldnt help me without valid sin. My study permit and sin both expire today. What doc should I present to her
https://www.polymtl.ca/etudiants-internationaux/en/work-and-internships/social-insurance-number-sin#:~:text=If your SIN expires before,employment for your employee” is what you are looking for. In the highlighted text, there is a link of CIC. You can point out that to your employer.

Yo123

Aug 10, 2020
Hey there
Just a quick question. I habe a job offer, applied on 28th May still processing and my employers wants the actual work permit for hiring. Then I told I was on an implied status and then she asked me for the sin number and that expires today. She told me she couldnt help me without valid sin. My study permit and sin both expire today. What doc should I present to her
If they enter your sin number today in their system , u r good to go, so give them that asap

Reactions: dillym

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
How long does it take to update expiry date on your SIN once you have got approval letter from IRCC? And, what's the fastest way to get it update?

Yo123

Aug 10, 2020
Hi Guys ,
My Application got approved Today , I’ll share my details so that it might help you guys ,
Applied on 23rd April without biometrics
Review eligibility started 30th September 12:57 pm
Approved 30th Sept 1:02 pm , in 5 minutes
Total days : 161 Days
I believe the process is now running with increased speed.
Hope you all get your approval soon too.
Thanks

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Even when you receive your new work permit - your sin number should stay the same. So, feel free to provide her your current sin
I was also told this by an agent from Service Canada as I had to give my expired SIN number to an employer - the SIN number stays the same with all the temporary visas and then changes if you get PR. Your existing SIN number is all the employer needs even though it's officially expired it's still valid. If you employer has questions then you or them can ask for a call back from Service Canada to put your employers mind at ease.

Akashthisside

Sep 30, 2020
Hi guys, I am in a predicament and need your advice. I applied for my PGWP on 23rd July, and like most of you, I am waiting for my permit. I have to travel to India in November as my sister is getting married and I don't have the liberty to miss the occasion. I read somewhere that I can travel in and out of Canada with a Visiting Visa as I have the implied status of PGWP (I am currently searching for a job). It shows online that the current processing time for getting a visa from Canada is 50 days and the same from India is 144 days. I am hoping to apply for the visa inside Canada as it would give me the chance to return back soon. Is there any way to expedite the process? Can I write a letter to someone explaining my situation for faster processing?

Jul 12, 2020
Hi Guys ,
My Application got approved Today , I’ll share my details so that it might help you guys ,
Applied on 23rd April without biometrics
Review eligibility started 30th September 12:57 pm
Approved 30th Sept 1:02 pm , in 5 minutes
Total days : 161 Days
I believe the process is now running with increased speed.
Hope you all get your approval soon too.
Thanks
hey, did you get your approval letter?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys, I am in a predicament and need your advice. I applied for my PGWP on 23rd July, and like most of you, I am waiting for my permit. I have to travel to India in November as my sister is getting married and I don't have the liberty to miss the occasion. I read somewhere that I can travel in and out of Canada with a Visiting Visa as I have the implied status of PGWP (I am currently searching for a job). It shows online that the current processing time for getting a visa from Canada is 50 days and the same from India is 144 days. I am hoping to apply for the visa inside Canada as it would give me the chance to return back soon. Is there any way to expedite the process? Can I write a letter to someone explaining my situation for faster processing?
Just keep in mind that as a visitor since it's a non essential travel your reentry is not guaranteed, since you don't have a job to come back to. And even if you get in, you lose your implied status so you cannot work even you get a job offer, not until your pgwp is approved.

Reactions: fakelucio

rajpal02

Sep 25, 2020
Just keep in mind that as a visitor since it's a non essential travel your reentry is not guaranteed, since you don't have a job to come back to. And even if you get in, you lose your implied status so you cannot work even you get a job offer, not until your pgwp is approved.
A query on the same note: Suppose if you are on the implied status and have a job, then can you go outside of Canada and return back to Canada and work?