+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Reactions: astraldust

LuckyandHappy

Sep 6, 2020
Not late April, but Early/Mid-May applicant here without updates. I know people who applied after me without biometrics who got their PGWP so at this point I think they're not really processing in any specific order.
Are you sure they didn't have biometrics? My friend checked later and realized she had biometrics in the system due to an issue she faced last summer.

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
PGWP was approved today (29 Sep 2020)!

I applied on 03 Apr 2020 within Canada without biometrics, which puts my processing time at 179 days.

Good luck to all still waiting
By the way, my work permit was approved for three years from today (the day of approval) not from the day of application. That means I can legally gain 3 years + 179 days of work experience in Canada.

This info may be relevant to those with shorter PGWPs hoping to gain a full year of experience.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
PGWP was approved today (29 Sep 2020)!

I applied on 03 Apr 2020 within Canada without biometrics, which puts my processing time at 179 days.

Good luck to all still waiting
Congrats!

By the way, my work permit was approved for three years from today (the day of approval) not from the day of application. That means I can legally gain 3 years + 179 days of work experience in Canada.

This info may be relevant to those with shorter PGWPs hoping to gain a full year of experience.
Lots of people have been asking about this detail. Thanks for sharing.

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hey there
Just a quick question. I habe a job offer, applied on 28th May still processing and my employers wants the actual work permit for hiring. Then I told I was on an implied status and then she asked me for the sin number and that expires today. She told me she couldnt help me without valid sin. My study permit and sin both expire today. What doc should I present to her

mike93

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hey there
Just a quick question. I habe a job offer, applied on 28th May still processing and my employers wants the actual work permit for hiring. Then I told I was on an implied status and then she asked me for the sin number and that expires today. She told me she couldnt help me without valid sin. My study permit and sin both expire today. What doc should I present to her
Even when you receive your new work permit - your sin number should stay the same. So, feel free to provide her your current sin