+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Raha_1986

Oct 31, 2017
I also applied on Oct. 1st. I got a job offer and I should upload the image of my work permit by the end of December. I am so worried!
Do you have any suggestions in this case?

Thanks.

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
I also applied on Oct. 1st. I got a job offer and I should upload the image of my work permit by the end of December. I am so worried!
Do you have any suggestions in this case?

Thanks.
I am in the same situation. I applied on 26th September and my job starts on Jan 6th , would have to postphone it unless I get it by the end of this month.

Raha_1986

Oct 31, 2017
I was working off-campus for two years (tutoring) when I was on study permit, but I never worked more than 20 hours per week (Max: around 20 hours per month). In my PGWP application, I listed this part-time job in my work history, but I didn't put any additional documents. Is it necessary to provide documents and prove that the number of hours didn't exceed the limit? Should I fill in a web form?

Bino2633

Dec 13, 2019
Me and my friend applied and got decision on the same day.
Date submitted: September 25, 2019
Status update: December 19, 2019
Approved for 3 year: December 19, 2019

You guys have been very helpful.
Thank you and best of all.

Reactions: jvnjie

Bino2633

Dec 13, 2019
I was working off-campus for two years (tutoring) when I was on study permit, but I never worked more than 20 hours per week (Max: around 20 hours per month). In my PGWP application, I listed this part-time job in my work history, but I didn't put any additional documents. Is it necessary to provide documents and prove that the number of hours didn't exceed the limit? Should I fill in a web form?
You don't need additional document.

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
PGWP Approved

Applied : 26th September 2019
Approved: 20th December 2019
Province : ON
Length : 3 years
Time : 86 Days

Hang in there guys , things have sped up.
Happy Holidays !

Reactions: jvnjie

Kodi333

Dec 19, 2019
Hi all , I have a question. When i did my demand of PGWP, my study permit was expired and I only payed 255$ , i didn't pay the 200$ fee for renewal of status. I'm past the 90 days ,what can I do ?Please help!!!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi all , I have a question. When i did my demand of PGWP, my study permit was expired and I only payed 255$ , i didn't pay the 200$ fee for renewal of status. I'm past the 90 days ,what can I do ?Please help!!!
Did you have any valid status when u applied? Did you submit restoration forms with ur application? If you did you could try paying now and hope they still consider your application.

Otherwise prepare for rejection, leave country and apply from abroad if you are within 180 days still.

Kodi333

Dec 19, 2019
Did you have any valid status when u applied? Did you submit restoration forms with ur application? If you did you could try paying now and hope they still consider your application.

Otherwise prepare for rejection, leave country and apply from abroad if you are within 180 days still.
No I didn't submit restoration form . I didn't know I had to restore status. Am I screwed?

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone!

I applied for my PGWP with a letter of completion and an unofficial transcript from my university's website on October 6. On the CIC website, it says that a printout of the transcript from the university website should be sufficient for PGWP, but it looks like many people in this thread say that an official transcript is required. I wonder if anyone got their PGWP approved after applying with only an unofficial transcript?