+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
You should call IRCC immediately and find out. I would say you should upload your new passport on the web forum and also call to confirm that they updated it. They just started processing July first week's applications and your turn will come soon.
Thank you so much! I called them and for anyone that may run into the same issue, they told me I could try on the online portal to add a new document and if it didn't work to fill out the Web Form online which is what I am gonna do. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
She said it takes 10 days for them to receive it.
It's almost our turn :)

macg

Sep 22, 2019
Thank you so much! I called them and for anyone that may run into the same issue, they told me I could try on the online portal to add a new document and if it didn't work to fill out the Web Form online which is what I am gonna do. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
She said it takes 10 days for them to receive it.
It's almost our turn :)
You can just add things to the online portal after you have submitted? I thought web form was the only way to communicate with them after submission

falalafell

Oct 25, 2019
Does anyone know if the pgwp is mailed via canada post if address is within canada ie. toronto?
Some context, recently moved from from toronto to north york.
Had mail forwarding done with Canada Post, but was wondering if I had to do anything bout receiving the work permit.

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has run into this situation. I applied on July 25th but my passport was to expire soon so I applied for a new one with my embassy almost at the same time when I realized, and I received it yesterday. Does anyone know how I can replace it with the new one on the application?

Thanks!
Upload it to web form and write a letter to explain why you need to submit your new passport. Do that asap

Addy1911

Oct 22, 2019
Hello guyz
I got my pgwp but i need.to go India for some urgent work but my Trv will expire so can i apply Trv from India

rtdjin3000

Sep 2, 2019
Hi guys,
I have a pretty strange situation.
I have applied for the PGWP on Sep 4, 2019 and started working full-time in a contractual position on Implied Status from the same day.
Recently I received a permanent job offer, but they need the work permit before I start with them.
Looking at the trend, I believe that I will not receive the PGWP before the first week of December.
I am now thinking of flagpolling. However, I am concerned about my period of work during this implied status. As flagpolling will be a new application altogether and I am not suppose to work prior applying to the PGWP.

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
You can just add things to the online portal after you have submitted? I thought web form was the only way to communicate with them after submission
She said there was an additional document option and to check if it would let me. Perhaps if I had just applied it would but it didn't so I did the web form. I don't think you can at all honestly, but the web form worked great.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys,
I have a pretty strange situation.
I have applied for the PGWP on Sep 4, 2019 and started working full-time in a contractual position on Implied Status from the same day.
Recently I received a permanent job offer, but they need the work permit before I start with them.
Looking at the trend, I believe that I will not receive the PGWP before the first week of December.
I am now thinking of flagpolling. However, I am concerned about my period of work during this implied status. As flagpolling will be a new application altogether and I am not suppose to work prior applying to the PGWP.
You applied already so working was fine, dont overthink it.

Reactions: rtdjin3000

rtdjin3000

Sep 2, 2019
You applied already so working was fine, dont overthink it.
Thanks, bongoman. I am working full-time under this implied status, but recently received a better offer from a bigger Canadian organization and according to their corporate rules, I need to have a valid work permit with an expiry date mentioned before joining the organization.
So thinking of other options to fast-track the process and get the PGWP by next week. My joining date is Nov 12, and the online application may only get approved in early or end of December.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Thanks, bongoman. I am working full-time under this implied status, but recently received a better offer from a bigger Canadian organization and according to their corporate rules, I need to have a valid work permit with an expiry date mentioned before joining the organization.
So thinking of other options to fast-track the process and get the PGWP by next week. My joining date is Nov 12, and the online application may only get approved in early or end of December.
If I’m in your shoe, I’ll go for flagpole. It’s pretty easy and straight forward.
Best wishes brother

Reactions: rtdjin3000