+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
Congrats! I also applied on June 5th and there's still no update yet :(
Did you get any update or it just jumped straight to approved?
I didn't get any email update but when I logged into my CIC account this morning it said they were reviewing my eligibility and when I logged in again in the afternoon it said I was approved

Reactions: macg

peanut butter

Sep 17, 2019
I didn't get any email update but when I logged into my CIC account this morning it said they were reviewing my eligibility and when I logged in again in the afternoon it said I was approved
Okay I see! Mine still says 'application in progress'. I guess it doesn't take that long for them to approve an application once they start reviewing it.

Arron_shaw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hey guys, I am so excited that I could finally share this good news with you. I applied on June 4th, the review started on 19 Sep, and got approved today(20 Sep). Thank you so much for all your support in the past few months. Hope you all get approve soon. :)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I worked on campus like 4 hours a week and yes, I provided them with a letter from the beginning. But they are just not satisfied
If you were part time in any semester except last you dont qualify for pgwp, this is the rule. Sometimes officer show leniency but thats generally up to them. Seeking a good immigration la

Ron9999

Aug 17, 2019
Hi guys, has anyone applied PGWP recently? If you do, let's share the timeline so that we can be more informed of the processing time. :D

According to CIC website, the current processing time is 36 days.

My case: Applied on March 3rd, still waiting.
Bro it takes around 3 months

Shubh1208

Sep 19, 2019
So mine shows approved from last 2 days i.e from September 19, 2019. But I haven’t received the letter in messages. How long does it take from here to receive the letter in messages as well as in mail??

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
So mine shows approved from last 2 days i.e from September 19, 2019. But I haven’t received the letter in messages. How long does it take from here to receive the letter in messages as well as in mail??
It takes about a week to get the mail

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
Hi guy, i need some help. I just received my PGWP on Friday and i'm in the process of doing my TRV. For the IMM5257e, what do we put for "Fund available for my stay (CAD)" under details of visit to canada?

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
Need your help. Just wanna know if someone has already applied for TRV after getting PGWP, what checklist does it create? Mine is only showing IMM 5257e and 5257b, Copy of work permit, passport and picture. Is that enough?
Just worried if I am doing right or not.
Your reply will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance.
I got the same as you, one question if you can help me. what do i have to put under the fund question?

HuongDao1712

Sep 22, 2019
Hey guys, I am so excited that I could finally share this good news with you. I applied on June 4th, the review started on 19 Sep, and got approved today(20 Sep). Thank you so much for all your support in the past few months. Hope you all get approve soon. :)
Congratulations, I applied on June 6, and still nothing new, I called the officer and they told me they are still working on people who applied at May 27, I don’t understand

HuongDao1712

Sep 22, 2019
Hello, I have a problem with my Sin number, it expires on Sep 30, and my application for PGWP is still on process. Could you please advice me what to do to extent my Sin number in this case! Thanks I’m advance

HuongDao1712

Sep 22, 2019
My question is can i travel to my country and come back to canada on the student trv (sticker on the passport) while i get my Pgwp, applied June 7, so should be expecting it soon.!
As long as your visa is still valid, you can travel back home and come back. I traveled myself and came back ok

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
Hello, I have a problem with my Sin number, it expires on Sep 30, and my application for PGWP is still on process. Could you please advice me what to do to extent my Sin number in this case! Thanks I’m advance
Do you need your SIN for anything particular? if you are already working , you're fine. But if you don't currently have a job, you'll have to wait to receive the paper version of your PGWP to renew your SIN