+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Keith IG Stream

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi everyone, can I ask for a thought? I just checked my transcript and it doesn't mention the full-time status. Should I be worried about it? Does transcripts usually indicate the full-time status?
IRCC officer will determine your full time/part time status by looking at how many courses you studied each semester

Reactions: Hwallikniw

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Hi everyone, can I ask for a thought? I just checked my transcript and it doesn't mention the full-time status. Should I be worried about it? Does transcripts usually indicate the full-time status?
If not transcript, your completion letter does indicate if you were full time or not. If you have submitted it then there’s nothing to worry about!

Hwallikniw

Star Member
May 25, 2022
If not transcript, your completion letter does indicate if you were full time or not. If you have submitted it then there’s nothing to worry about!
Actually my completion letter only states my degree and the total year of education. I guess it's not for grad students. Hopefully! Otherwise I am screwed!

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Actually my completion letter only states my degree and the total year of education. I guess it's not for grad students. Hopefully! Otherwise I am screwed!
I guess you are right, they might not issue that for grad studies. Every university/college has different policies. Apologies for the confusion.

Hwallikniw

Star Member
May 25, 2022
I guess you are right, they might not issue that for grad studies. Every university/college has different policies. Apologies for the confusion.
Oh I am so grateful for all the help. Please don't apologize! This forum has become my favorite place to go and I am so grateful for y'all! Thanks for keeping up with me!

• Love
Reactions: Perspective

AdmiralGG

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
Yes, grad study might be different, e.g., my friend was enrolled in a 20-months thesis-based program at the same university as mine, took 2-extra terms to finish his thesis (regular 5+ extra 2 = 7 terms). He got his PGWP approved during the covid. I also took 1 extra term and 1 month (Fall'21+ January of Winter'22) to finish my thesis (defense, revision, etc). So in my transcript, it is written that my degree was conferred in January'22. I was enrolled in a 2-years (24 months) thesis-based program. But when I finished all the degree requirements it was 24+4 (Fall'21)+ 1 (January of Winter'22) = 29 months.

So I am not sure if the VO will count these as 2 part-time terms. I did not want to complicate my explanation letter, so I just wrote that I fulfilled my degree requirements in Janury'22 after defending my thesis in Late Fall'21. My degree completion letter also mentions my starting date in the program (FAll'19) and my completion Month (January 2022). It doesn't say part/ full-time status anywhere. I think it's up to VO's professional judgment to assume grad studies sometimes require extra time to finish the thesis. :) But, if they assume the 2 extra terms as part-time then I cannot do anything at this moment, so eventually might have to apply for reconsideration after they refuse my PGWP application.

khnh

Jul 8, 2022
Got approval today! Finally. Gotta register to share my timeline with you guys cuz I'm so grateful for all the info shared here in this thread. It helps me keep my sane during this stressful process

Timeline:
Submitted: Jan 21st, 2022
Review of eligibility started: July 8th, 2022
Approved: July 8th, 2022
3 years PGWP

Good luck guys!

unknown457

Sep 19, 2019
Got approval today! Finally. Gotta register to share my timeline with you guys cuz I'm so grateful for all the info shared here in this thread. It helps me keep my sane during this stressful process

Timeline:
3 years PGWP

Good luck guys!
I am tapping into your blessing... JAN 21 still waiting.. applied using a lawyer

unknown457

Sep 19, 2019

Timeline:
3 years PGWP

Good luck guys!
Congratulations

eugmke

Jun 29, 2022
Does someone experience a logging issue today? I cannot log in due to some technical issues since this morning.