+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

eugmke

Jun 29, 2022
I'm anxious. I applied on Jan 19th. Got a ghost update on June 29th. But, after that, the status went back to "Submitted" till now. Do I need to send a web form to IRCC to ask whether there's something wrong? I have waited for 167 days. Crazy...

Reactions: Walecott

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm anxious. I applied on Jan 19th. Got a ghost update on June 29th. But, after that, the status went back to "Submitted" till now. Do I need to send a web form to IRCC to ask whether there's something wrong? I have waited for 167 days. Crazy...
Be patient, there's no point getting anxious at this point of your wait. Fact that you got a ghost update means they are working on your file. Approval is any moment now.

adamsoirpe

Jul 5, 2022
Actually, I want to be positive, and see the bright side and I totally understand that IRCC staff are working hard, but why people should wait more than 5 months for their temporary work permit, and then another 4 or 5 months for TRV? It means that people can not have health insurance for at least 5 months, can face many work issues with employers explaining this situation or lose their job opportunities, and can not depart the country for almost a year!

It's a tough situation that most of us are experiencing with lots of stress and pressure.

Also, why IRCC does not have any email address to respond to, and basically no one to answer the phone, and practically no way of contact (other than the webform that you will never get an answer to)?!

I really hope this weird situation will improve.

Although it's very tough, this will pass, too ;)

• Sad
Reactions: joannanyler

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Actually, I want to be positive, and see the bright side and I totally understand that IRCC staff are working hard, but why people should wait more than 5 months for their temporary work permit, and then another 4 or 5 months for TRV? It means that people can not have health insurance for at least 5 months, can face many work issues with employers explaining this situation or lose their job opportunities, and can not depart the country for almost a year!

It's a tough situation that most of us are experiencing with lots of stress and pressure.

Also, why IRCC does not have any email address to respond to, and basically no one to answer the phone, and practically no way of contact (other than the webform that you will never get an answer to)?!

Lol I paid for health insurance the whole time I was student and never used it, then I got sick during this process and I had to get travel insurance or pay $$$$ for a doctor.
Back home (a so called third world country) we treat undocumented people for free lol

Llwyd

May 13, 2022

I just read that the minister is expecting that processing times will come back to normal by the end of this year.
By then, we will have our permits and TRVs. HOPEFULLY!

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Hey,

I am in the same boat as yours! My eligibility started June 23! Went back to submitted and no updates since! Has been 172 days since I applied!
Raised 2 webforms, no reply yet either!
Tried calling multiple times, but cannot connect to agents! Super frustrating!
Hold on there! I am not losing hope! You shouldn’t either!

zabada

Jul 5, 2022

+1. This process seriously affects my mental well-being now. After I applied for a PGWP, I have found my dream job. I was expecting to get my permit before the WP-ext letter expires. My HR told me I cannot work without a permit or another letter. I raised lots of webforms, and no response. I called IRCC at least 50 times. It is impossible to reach to IRCC in any ways. I somehow convinced my workplace that I can work even the letter expires. But now they said I cannot work after my SIN expires which is at the end of this month. Considering I applied on February 20, there is no way to get my permit sometime this month. Processing time is getting longer every week. If IRCC informed workplaces or provided us another letter, I would not lose my job. This is so annoying. I lost all my motivation already.

• Sad
Reactions: joannanyler