+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

kyokia

Dec 25, 2017
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the explanation.
But I do notice that on the cic website, it says that the score will be frozen at the time of e-apr, and what happens after that will not be taken into considerstion as long as I can still meet the MEC of my program (if I understand it correctly).
At the time of my e-apr was received, my score is still beyond ITA. I’m only considering quitting my job in the future.
Will that affect anything?
Also, sorry for not being very clear, but my other work permit i mentioned earlier was included in my file already.

Do you think it’s ok for me to quit?

Getting out of Canada temporarily will not impact your file, however, withdrawal of LMIA job will lead to CRS getting lower than ITA score which may lead to rejection. Adding a new work permit will be considered additional information as it is uploaded after ITA to cover up your LMIA job. This information regardless of meeting IRCC Criteria will require approval from an agent and if they didn't accept this being an additional document then your PR application will be rejected on the ground of not meeting Ministerial Instruction for the Round of ITA you were selected in regardless of MEC decision.

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi everyone!

Please share your wisdom and knowledge on this as well:

My File was transferred on 22 November 2017 to London Visa Office.

When can I expect that they will start processing it.

And what they look at in the very first instance?

Thanks.

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Friends, What stage do you think I'm in? I submitted my application on 13th of Dec and medicals got passed on 20th.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: kyokia

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Friends, What stage do you think I'm in? I submitted my application on 13th of Dec and medicals got passed on 20th.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
IP2

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
HI all!

Please comment on the following:

I submitted my application in the end of September. Do I need to hold the amount that I shown as POF into my account or I can take them out and use them in my life?

Please reply!

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Hi all,
does employer letter must include duties for time which you are not claiming points ?

Any one submitted with only the duties for the position you were claiming points for ?

Thanks !!!!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
HI all!

Please comment on the following:

I submitted my application in the end of September. Do I need to hold the amount that I shown as POF into my account or I can take them out and use them in my life?

Please reply!
The IRCC rule states the funds shall be maintained from the time of Application (AOR) till you get your CoPR, however, some applicants in the past suggested to have these funds in various form during the landing as well (not mandatory).

You are allowed to use funds but it shall not fall below the LICO otherwise you will breach the eligibility requirement of Funds. Sometimes Local Visa Office (as a part of IP2 - A40 Test) will be asked to conduct the R76 Funds check and if they found that your funds fall below the LICO after AOR then you will be found Not Eligible.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: 000111222

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi all,
does employer letter must include duties for time which you are not claiming points ?

Any one submitted with only the duties for the position you were claiming points for ?

Thanks !!!!
No, it is not mandatory for those jobs you are not claiming points for however these jobs should be included in Personal History and not the Work History and also clearly mentioned in LOE.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
The IRCC rule states the funds shall be maintained from the time of Application (AOR) till you get your CoPR, however, some applicants in the past suggested to have these funds in various form during the landing as well (not mandatory).

You are allowed to use funds but it shall not fall below the LICO otherwise you will breach the eligibility requirement of Funds. Sometimes Local Visa Office (as a part of IP2 - A40 Test) will be asked to conduct the R76 Funds check and if they found that your funds fall below the LICO after AOR then you will be found Not Eligible.

I hope this will help.
Hi BillHyatt, how do cic conduct R76 funds check. Couple of months ago I opened my bank account in my home country and transferred my funds there. I informed that to my representative and he said that we are not required to inform this to cic but I need to maintain the minimum required funds so that if cic asks we can show. I have the required funds but in another bank account which I opened recently. Please advise.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi BillHyatt, how do cic conduct R76 funds check. Couple of months ago I opened my bank account in my home country and transferred my funds there. I informed that to my representative and he said that we are not required to inform this to cic but I need to maintain the minimum required funds so that if cic asks we can show. I have the required funds but in another bank account which I opened recently. Please advise.
Analysts are required to conduct 2 checks for Funds which includes confirming the originality of the documents and secondly, that the Funds are coming from Legal Sources and are not borrowed for PR application (that means it will not be returned).

You can have a new account opened and funds transferred to it for the PR purpose as rule clearly states that Funds should be readily available from the date of Application till CoPR. However, you are required to inform IRCC regarding large amounts coming to your account for PR purpose within the last six months of the AOR dates.

Reactions: Mzub

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the explanation.
But I do notice that on the cic website, it says that the score will be frozen at the time of e-apr, and what happens after that will not be taken into considerstion as long as I can still meet the MEC of my program (if I understand it correctly).
At the time of my e-apr was received, my score is still beyond ITA. I’m only considering quitting my job in the future.
Will that affect anything?
Also, sorry for not being very clear, but my other work permit i mentioned earlier was included in my file already.

Do you think it’s ok for me to quit?
That's fine then. If you are leaving a job and it doesn't impact your file then it should be fine.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi everyone!

Please share your wisdom and knowledge on this as well:

My File was transferred on 22 November 2017 to London Visa Office.

When can I expect that they will start processing it.

And what they look at in the very first instance?

Thanks.
They are processing files with October Transfer Dates for PNP and currently, they are processing very few files due to Annual Holidays of many officers. It usually takes 2-3 months from Transfer date to IP2 in London on average except for some batches which may start in 2 weeks. This depends on PNP Triage your file is classified in.

In Local Visa Office, the first thing they do is to review Security Recommendations or ask the department to start one. Then they will review the notes from agents in CIO and make a final comment. Then, if a review is required the officer will review the documents and will either approve it or send you an ADR.

Finally, Officer will update Security part of admissibility results, results of A11.2 Final Check, results of A40 Misrepresentation results, and all other required checks. A final review is made by senior officials and will then approve your file.

Overall, these checks shall not take much time but in some cases where extra reviews are required or security screening is done, it can be a long ride.