+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bill please help!

My background status is " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Is this IP1 or NA1? I am confused about it.

Thanks.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Bill please help!

My background status is " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Is this IP1 or NA1? I am confused about it.

Thanks.
Calm down buddy, its IP1. lol NA would say not applicable and NA1 would have been before medical's passed. NA2 would be not applicable after IP1

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Guys, I received RPRF request yesterday with the following wording:
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The admissibility review is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
My application entered NA2 4 days ago. Does this mean I have passed eligibility and only the background check is remaining?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Guys, I received RPRF request yesterday with the following wording:
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The admissibility review is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
My application entered NA2 4 days ago. Does this mean I have passed eligibility and only the background check is remaining?
It is possible but we can't predict if eligibility is pass or not yet. However, RPRF request is sent once Agent is satisfied that you will probably meet the eligibility criteria but again that doesn't mean that eligibility is actually passed. The Final decision on both Eligibility and Admissibility will be made by the officer at your Local Visa Office.

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt

We submitted our PR application on 27 September in FSW-O category, and we have had no update yet - not even Medical Passed. My husband was the principal applicant in the application, and the work experience that he claimed was as a PhD student in Europe under NOC4012. He had recently finished his PhD and wanted to look for a job in Canada after getting PR, so his current work status is "Unemployed". We are wondering if due to these reasons, our application has been assigned a very low priority. What do you think?

We are contemplating withdrawing the application, and re-submitting with me as the principal applicant. I am currently a post-doc in Europe. In September, we could not do this because of my low IELTS score, but since then I've achieved the IELTS score that would make our EE score to be 470+, if I'm the principal applicant. Would you recommend this course of action? How much time can it take to withdraw one's application, and can it negatively impact our second application?

I have been closely observing the immigration trackers for the last few months. It seems that those FSW-O candidates whose Medical is not passed within the first month, have been languishing without update since then. Perhaps, some of these have simply not updated their status on immigration tracker, but at least a few of them would be in a situation similar to ours. There's an active user with profile name 'Poupon' who has been waiting for more than 8 months without any update! It is the fear of such a situation that has made us consider withdrawing our application, and re-submitting.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Thanks Bill. If the ADNR status appears a few days after NA2 and IP2 is not triggered the same day or soon after, does that mean the file gets transferred to an LVO?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Bill. If the ADNR status appears a few days after NA2 and IP2 is not triggered the same day or soon after, does that mean the file gets transferred to an LVO?
It depends if all eligibility criteria's are checked and then file transferred to Local Visa Office. If some work is remaining then it may take time before a file can be moved and batched.

Reactions: 000111222

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi @BillHyatt

We submitted our PR application on 27 September in FSW-O category, and we have had no update yet - not even Medical Passed. My husband was the principal applicant in the application, and the work experience that he claimed was as a PhD student in Europe under NOC4012. He had recently finished his PhD and wanted to look for a job in Canada after getting PR, so his current work status is "Unemployed". We are wondering if due to these reasons, our application has been assigned a very low priority. What do you think?

We are contemplating withdrawing the application, and re-submitting with me as the principal applicant. I am currently a post-doc in Europe. In September, we could not do this because of my low IELTS score, but since then I've achieved the IELTS score that would make our EE score to be 470+, if I'm the principal applicant. Would you recommend this course of action? How much time can it take to withdraw one's application, and can it negatively impact our second application?

I have been closely observing the immigration trackers for the last few months. It seems that those FSW-O candidates whose Medical is not passed within the first month, have been languishing without update since then. Perhaps, some of these have simply not updated their status on immigration tracker, but at least a few of them would be in a situation similar to ours. There's an active user with profile name 'Poupon' who has been waiting for more than 8 months without any update! It is the fear of such a situation that has made us consider withdrawing our application, and re-submitting.
It is not common to see this kind of movements for FSW-O applicants however it is possible. You are right that these kinds of applicants cross the 6 month time easily without getting an update.

You can withdraw application but I don't know if they will refund your money. You can apply again but the speed of processing is still unknown.

I would recommend to call IRCC and ask them to give you UCI number or ask them if they can generate one for your records as you haven't heard anything from IRCC since September which is uncommon to other applicants. In most cases, this will help you get UCI number and eventually leading to processing of your file.

Sometimes, your file is already being processed but for some reason, it is not updated and by calling IRCC it can lead to your profile being updated.

If nothing work for you then you can create a new profile and withdraw this one. If you get UCI number then you will have to state that you applied for PR before as it will be checked in their system to confirm status. Otherwise, you can answer No to this question.

Finally, Triage (Priority) is indicated by agents for Local Visa Office only and files in CIO are treated same except for applications with Special Needs.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: shifs

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
It is not common to see this kind of movements for FSW-O applicants however it is possible. You are right that these kinds of applicants cross the 6 month time easily without getting an update.

You can withdraw application but I don't know if they will refund your money. You can apply again but the speed of processing is still unknown.

I would recommend to call IRCC and ask them to give you UCI number or ask them if they can generate one for your records as you haven't heard anything from IRCC since September which is uncommon to other applicants. In most cases, this will help you get UCI number and eventually leading to processing of your file.

Sometimes, your file is already being processed but for some reason, it is not updated and by calling IRCC it can lead to your profile being updated.

If nothing work for you then you can create a new profile and withdraw this one. If you get UCI number then you will have to state that you applied for PR before as it will be checked in their system to confirm status. Otherwise, you can answer No to this question.

Finally, Triage (Priority) is indicated by agents for Local Visa Office only and files in CIO are treated same except for applications with Special Needs.

I hope this will help.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, @BillHyatt

We actually ordered GCMS notes in November, and got them last month. It has the UCI/Party ID number for my husband (primary applicant), but not for me (dependent). Is that normal? What could be the reason for it?

It is difficult to parse through the GCMS notes, but two other details, apart from the UCI number, seem interesting:
- First, in the "ASSESSMENTS" section, everything is blank, except "Eligibility", which is marked "Passed - Candidate". The date for this update is the same as the date of submission, so I presume that this refers to the automated eligibility check by the system at the time of submission. Am I right?
- Secondly, in the "APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT", it is specified that the application has been "Assigned To: JBxxxx", "Assigned By: JBzzzz" with "Due Date: 2017/10/11". It seems that the person to whom the application was assigned didn't process my file by the due date, since the last update was by the person who assigned, not by the person to whom it was assigned.

Is there anything else that I should be looking for in the GCMS notes? I don't see any comments anywhere by a case officer.

We'll surely call the IRCC this week, and enquire about my (dependent's) UCI. We tried calling once, but the automated menu didn't recognize our application number :(

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, @BillHyatt

We actually ordered GCMS notes in November, and got them last month. It has the UCI/Party ID number for my husband (primary applicant), but not for me (dependent). Is that normal? What could be the reason for it?

It is difficult to parse through the GCMS notes, but two other details, apart from the UCI number, seem interesting:
- First, in the "ASSESSMENTS" section, everything is blank, except "Eligibility", which is marked "Passed - Candidate". The date for this update is the same as the date of submission, so I presume that this refers to the automated eligibility check by the system at the time of submission. Am I right?
- Secondly, in the "APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT", it is specified that the application has been "Assigned To: JBxxxx", "Assigned By: JBzzzz" with "Due Date: 2017/10/11". It seems that the person to whom the application was assigned didn't process my file by the due date, since the last update was by the person who assigned, not by the person to whom it was assigned.

Is there anything else that I should be looking for in the GCMS notes? I don't see any comments anywhere by a case officer.

We'll surely call the IRCC this week, and enquire about my (dependent's) UCI. We tried calling once, but the automated menu didn't recognize our application number :(
The Eligibility Passed is something else and it is same for all applicants. The real notes are written by Case Agents and Analysts at the last few pages but in your case, it seems they haven't started processing your file yet.

Your file is assigned but it seems your agent is too busy or too slow to process applications. You can request IRCC to update your agent so processing can be completed within 6 months.

It is possible that your file gets updated after 4 months and then processed within next 30 days. So your first priority should be asking them to process and update your account.

Finally, Due Date is just for reference and doesn't have any value in regards to your file.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: shifs

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
The Eligibility Passed is something else and it is same for all applicants. The real notes are written by Case Agents and Analysts at the last few pages but in your case, it seems they haven't started processing your file yet.

Your file is assigned but it seems your agent is too busy or too slow to process applications. You can request IRCC to update your agent so processing can be completed within 6 months.

It is possible that your file gets updated after 4 months and then processed within next 30 days. So your first priority should be asking them to process and update your account.

Finally, Due Date is just for reference and doesn't have any value in regards to your file.

I hope this will help.
This has been very helpful! Thanks again, @BillHyatt

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt

In the application the following question is asked in personal history:

Q. "Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"
A. The choices provided are: Yes, No, N/A.

If someone had no military service or government position but was a member of a professional organization only. Would they answer Yes or N/A?

If they answered Yes, should they raise a CSE to fix this lest it cause BG delays?

Thanks

Abide3000

Dec 16, 2017
Guys help mw with my status

Aor 23/11/2017
Medical not approved yet
Ip1 9/12/2017
Ip2 12/12/2017
Ip1 9/1/2018

Is it possible to go back to ip1 after ip2

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi @BillHyatt

In the application the following question is asked in personal history:

Q. "Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"
A. The choices provided are: Yes, No, N/A.

If someone had no military service or government position but was a member of a professional organization only. Would they answer Yes or N/A?

If they answered Yes, should they raise a CSE to fix this lest it cause BG delays?

Thanks
Yes, you can raise CSE to explain this.

Reactions: 000111222