+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Sweet Bill!

Please advise again:

How can I add my spouse in my application.

Please give me all the process again and also I have prepared following documents related to her:

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Passport
3. National ID
4. Police Certificate
5. I am not sure if I can do her medical upfront or not? (please advice about it)

Thanks.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Sweet Bill!

Please advise again:

How can I add my spouse in my application.

Please give me all the process again and also I have prepared following documents related to her:

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Passport
3. National ID
4. Police Certificate
5. I am not sure if I can do her medical upfront or not? (please advice about it)

Thanks.
I just did that last month:

Here is their reply:

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications. 3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp.
Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I just did that last month:

Here is their reply:

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications. 3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp.
Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Thanks a lot dear.

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi Dear all!

I emailed London visa Office about my file status and got their replied:

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review in our London office. Your application was received 2017/09/26 and you are within processing times.

Rest assured we will contact if you if we require further information or additional documents.

Please advice what is the next stage and when it will be happening? and what does their reply actually mean?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dear all!

I emailed London visa Office about my file status and got their replied:

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review in our London office. Your application was received 2017/09/26 and you are within processing times.

Rest assured we will contact if you if we require further information or additional documents.

Please advice what is the next stage and when it will be happening? and what does their reply actually mean?
Without knowing what your GCMS notes say nobody can give you an exact answer as to where your file currently stands.

Their reply means that you still have not waited 6 months since the submission of your e-APR so there is no need to contact them at this point.

Confused2017

Mar 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Nomination.....
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
8-12-2017
@BillHyatt or anyone who knows about this...I'm currently in NA2 stage for PNP o. I have received additional documents request. They are asking for valid ID proof and IMM 5604 for the non accompanying parent. The other parent of the child is not in touch and is not responding to my request for the imm 5604. Will they reject for this? How do I respond?

Confused2017

Mar 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Nomination.....
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
8-12-2017
T
1. Your profile will indicate in BG Check (your file is in progress referred as IP1) and when it goes back to Not Applicable it is known as NA2. This usually happens along with Medical Pass dates.

2. File Transfer can be confirmed by email or by calling IRCC to confirm Visa Office. You should ask this status after 60 Days of AOR in most cases.

3. Once your Background Check starts your BG Check will change from Not Applicable to We are processing your Background Check also referred as IP2.

4. After IP2 you will receive Passport Request or PPR.

I hope this will help.
Thank you!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt or anyone who knows about this...I'm currently in NA2 stage for PNP o. I have received additional documents request. They are asking for valid ID proof and IMM 5604 for the non accompanying parent. The other parent of the child is not in touch and is not responding to my request for the imm 5604. Will they reject for this? How do I respond?
For ID Proof you can use any document issued by Government other than Passport (National ID, Provincial Card, Driving Licence). For IMM 5604 this is mandatory and laws in Canada are very strict for Children. Therefore, you will need this form to be filled by the Non-Accompanying parent and also signed by a Witness.

If your partner is not co-operating with you then you will have to get a custody letter from your Government. Rejection of File is something difficult to predict as in the past one applicant with the same problem got his File approved, however, IRCC didn't allow Child to get in Canada without proper Legal Documents and Parents Consent Letters.

It is recommended to sort things out with a non-accompanying parent to avoid complications for child file.

Confused2017

Mar 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Nomination.....
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
8-12-2017
For ID Proof you can use any document issued by Government other than Passport (National ID, Provincial Card, Driving Licence). For IMM 5604 this is mandatory and laws in Canada are very strict for Children. Therefore, you will need this form to be filled by the Non-Accompanying parent and also signed by a Witness.

If your partner is not co-operating with you then you will have to get a custody letter from your Government. Rejection of File is something difficult to predict as in the past one applicant with the same problem got his File approved, however, IRCC didn't allow Child to get in Canada without proper Legal Documents and Parents Consent Letters.

It is recommended to sort things out with a non-accompanying parent to avoid complications for child file.
Thank you Bill!

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hi Bill,

During NA2, they check eligibility. Why then are CEC and US based candidates moving from NA2 to IP2 so much faster? It seems that something else related to criminality/security is also done during NA2 (even though we think criminality is already passed by the time someone enters NA2). That must be why people with extensive travel histories or residence in certain countries get delayed at NA2 stage. It can't just be eligibility.

Thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

During NA2, they check eligibility. Why then are CEC and US based candidates moving from NA2 to IP2 so much faster? It seems that something else related to criminality/security is also done during NA2 (even though we think criminality is already passed by the time someone enters NA2). That must be why people with extensive travel histories or residence in certain countries get delayed at NA2 stage. It can't just be eligibility.

Thanks
Criminality check is one part of the Admissibility Test and once passed will move you to NA2. However, NA2 doesn't mean that Eligibility Test is pass as tests like Funds, Employment, PNP, CEC eligibility is carried somewhere between NA2 to IP2.

Sometimes eligibility is referred to Local Visa Office and is only passed after IP2. So, mainly NA and IP are related to admissibility part of the process and not the Eligibility Test itself. Eligibility results are usually only known by getting GCMS notes.

The delay in files are caused due to Local Visa Office or Triage you are referred to.

I hope this will help.