+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My AOR was done on 11 Jan 2018 but the application was rejected because of an expired PCC. I paid CAD 1040 online using a credit card. The letter of rejection states that the amount will be refunded.

How long does it take for the CIC application fees to be refunded? Thanks!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi @BillHyatt.
I'm surprised with this stance. Shouldn't they add them all up and then round-off the decimal?
IRCC doesn't round decimals even if work is 1 Year 11 months it will be counted as 1 Year. I don't know why but IRCC states we only count full years of work. However, if two works are continuous then it can be combined to give 4 Years in Total.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
pls I would like to know how long admissibility review takes.aside from me and my spouse,are my children below 18 n siblings be subjected to admissibility and background checks? I ask because I have been in NA2 for like 25 days rprf was requested a day after entering NA2 n since then no updates.how do I also know if I passed eligibility.your responses will be appreciated.thank you
The Criminality, Medical Part of admissibility is completed before a file is transferred to Local Visa Office or CPC, however, Security Part of admissibility will be done in LVO/CPC. The time for that depends on LVO your file is transferred to.

jaiyesimi

May 18, 2011
The Criminality, Medical Part of admissibility is completed before a file is transferred to Local Visa Office or CPC, however, Security Part of admissibility will be done in LVO/CPC. The time for that depends on LVO your file is transferred to.
Please when is LVO going to start working on Files again. Its February already 10 months to go in 2018......

case

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
thank u so much.will the security check be for me and my spouse alone or it will also include my underage children and siblings.thanks

VDej

Jan 21, 2018
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
Doc's Request.
09-05-2018
IRCC doesn't round decimals even if work is 1 Year 11 months it will be counted as 1 Year. I don't know why but IRCC states we only count full years of work. However, if two works are continuous then it can be combined to give 4 Years in Total.
On another note. The IRCC website has a standard of '1560 hours = one year of work'.
An applicant could count say two years if there were actually 3120 hours of work during the year, right?

sidd0006

Feb 5, 2018
Hi @BillHyatt

Thank you for all your valuable inputs, platforms like these have been an immense help during my entire express entry journey which is yet to reach a final point. My timeline:

AOR- 17th July 2017
IP1 - 29th July 2017
Medical Passed - 17th July 2017
NA2 - 16th July 2017
Additional Documents not required - 21st September 2017
File Transferred to London - Somewhere in September 2017
IP2- 18th January 2018
RPRF request - 31st January 2018 (After i raised a CSE on 30th January 2018)
RPRF letter states my eligibility has passed and admissibility is ongoing i.e. security criminality and/or medical.

Could you please let me know when should i expect the PPR as i have already crossed 203 days post AOR.

At this point should i raise a CSE again inquiring about the PPR? Is it possible that i could possibly be under detailed security screening?

Thank you

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
On another note. The IRCC website has a standard of '1560 hours = one year of work'.
An applicant could count say two years if there were actually 3120 hours of work during the year, right?
No, that rule is to convert part-time work into Full-Time. The maximum you can claim is one-year for any job that is Full-Time (For a single year).

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
thank u so much.will the security check be for me and my spouse alone or it will also include my underage children and siblings.thanks
It will be for all included in an application, however, underage children security check is to confirm the parents' consent and ensure that human trafficking is not involved.

Reactions: VDej

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
It will be for all included in an application, however, underage children security check is to confirm the parents' consent and ensure that human trafficking is not involved.
I agree. For separated or divorce status, child custody is checked. I got a phone interview for this case, which is clearly written in my GCMS notes.

Background check in MyCIC changed to IP2 exactly 7 days after the phone interview.

case

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
thank u so much.I wanted to know if the number of people in an application determines the time taken for security thereby increasing the time it takes an application to be approved.

oliray

Nov 7, 2017
Hello @BillHyatt

Please I have a question regarding travel history. I made a trip from my home country to the US in November 2015 but had to withdraw application at the border (my wife was pregant and our visa for was visit and not for medical/child birth) and returned home without entry, also had a stop over in the U.K for one night on the same trip. Do I need to include both countries in the travel history form? as I did not enter the U.S, although my passport (old passport as I have recently renewed) was stamped and also U.K was a stop over.

I am hoping for ITA in the next draw...How best do I capture this on the E-APR? Would this have any impact on my PR application?

Thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
thank u so much.I wanted to know if the number of people in an application determines the time taken for security thereby increasing the time it takes an application to be approved.
No, that doesn't impact the time it takes unless there is a missing document or further review is required for one of the people included in the application.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello @BillHyatt

Please I have a question regarding travel history. I made a trip from my home country to the US in November 2015 but had to withdraw application at the border (my wife was pregant and our visa for was visit and not for medical/child birth) and returned home without entry, also had a stop over in the U.K for one night on the same trip. Do I need to include both countries in the travel history form? as I did not enter the U.S, although my passport (old passport as I have recently renewed) was stamped and also U.K was a stop over.

I am hoping for ITA in the next draw...How best do I capture this on the E-APR? Would this have any impact on my PR application?

Thanks
You can either include or exclude it, however, in both cases, you will need to explain this in LOE.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Mr. Bill,
I would request your inputs on five points on my latest GCMS notes. On November 27, 2017 the background check was started and so far, there is no update. I ordered GCMS notes and got just yesterday.
1st thing I noticed that the secondary visa office has changed from CIO to Riyadh. Please advise what does it means.
The details are as follows;

Primary Office: London
Secondary Office: Riyadh
…..
Category: PV2
Sub Category:
Group Name:
Group #:
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final

3rd In admissibility section
S.15 (1) is written on right top corner and in security
Security 1
UCi# xxxx
Family name : xxxx spouse
……
Type :Security

Security 2
UCI # xxx
Family Name :xxx PA
……
Type :Security

After that the whole info is erased (extracted / blank )
New Value : ( Blank)
Office : London
The same as spouse .

The first three activities as as follows;
Activity
Activity:1
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Uci: xxxxxxx
Name: PA

Activity:2
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:

Activity:3
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:

The details of first three notes are as follows;
NOTES:
Notes:1
Created Date: 2017/11/23 10:49:43
Created By: xxxx
Updated Date: 2017/11/23 10:49:57
Updated By: xxxx
Restricted: No
Label: Adm
Office: London
Text:

Notes:2
Created Date: 2017/11/23 10:49:15
Updated Date: 2017/11/23 10:49:43
Label:Adm
Text:

Notes:3
Created Date: 2017/11/23 10:48:42
Updated Date: 2017/11/23 10:49:13
Label:Adm/ info sharing
Text: Info Sharing completed for dep xxx

Seeking your observations on the above five points .