+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
In which case your background check says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and your eligibility says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I applied October 6, Biometrics 21st October, and Medical (not upfront) passed on November 13. Since then no update. I applied from Nigeria.
What is exactly your status saying?

Peterjnr

Jan 18, 2022
Your visa application processing time is 45 weeks (around a year). So, your application takes likely a year to be approved!
7 days ago the processing time was 61 weeks. Processing times are regularly revised, and in most cases they keep dropping.

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I think that It was already completed before medical request. Normally when you didn t do an upfront medical exam and later on they ask you to do a medical exam it means in most of cases the next step is passport request once you passed the medical exam. For my case, background check and eligibility were completed but not shown on ircc web site.
If I may ask which site did you see that your eligibility and background check was completed pls help because my eligibility is saying we are reviewing your eligibility and background check we are processing your background check

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
They announced that 2 millions of applications are overdue due to Corona! So, there is no clue how long it will take!

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
In which case your background check says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and your eligibility says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I applied October 6, Biometrics 21st October, and Medical (not upfront) passed on November 13. Since then no update. I applied from Nigeria.
Your application will be approved after 45 weeks which are processing times for your country. Wait and it will be approved. Is it a postdoc work permit application?

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
If I may ask which site did you see that your eligibility and background check was completed pls help because my eligibility is saying we are reviewing your eligibility and background check we are processing your background check
This will change at final stage when the final decision is taken. Don t worry about that.

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
Thanks but am worried because the 21weeks has pass next month will make it 7month no update yet.and the date I suppose to resume duty is last year November hope no problem
You applied from Dubai. The processing time is 45 weeks. It will take some time to approve your work permit. What is in your control is to wait.