+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
My dependent child I have from a woman that I was never married to - I declared her as a non-accompanying dependent child. She did upfront medical examination earlier in 2020 and passed but throughout the validity of the medical, processing of my application was not completed. IRCC then sent me a medical request three months to the expiry of the upfront medical and the mother of this same dependent child showed up with hell. She completely refused and unwilling to release the child to under medical examination and remained deliberately incommunicado.

I booked and paid for the child medical with IOM Lagos, reached out to my child’s grandmother, Uncle and other relatives and no body seemed to know her whereabouts. I sent to her email detailed explanation stating that all was for the benefit of the child future and explained the possibility of her being sponsored by her child later but got no response. I sent the same detailed explanation to her via WhatsApp and SMS, but all was to no avail. I further travelled from Lagos to Abuja went to Gwarimpa and (Kubwa – outskate of FCT) Nigeria her last known addresses and was told she had since parked out of those neighborhoods. While in Abuja I went to worship at House on the Rock Church on a Sunday – where the elder sister of my child’s mother attends church just to see if I could be lucky to meet her sister to enable me to locate my child’s mother. I was told that she has not been seen in church for a while. I gave the two numbers of my child’s mother to a pastor to help me reach out to my daughter’s mother – the pastor tried several calls with no response, two weeks later I called the pastor to confirm if he got through to her, but he informed me that he had no response.

I returned to Lagos called and gave detailed update of my sincere effort to her uncle who attested to being a witness to how far I have tried.

I wrote to IRCC a letter of explanation and supported with an affidavit as to why I have not been able to present the child for medicals due to circumstances beyond my control. I requested that my non accompanying dependent child be excluded from my application on humanitarian and companionate grounds for the sake of my four younger children and my legally married wife whose future might be in jeopardy. I further deposed that I understood the implication of excluding the child from my application and consented to that I was losing my right to sponsor her now and, in the future, and that by that exclusion she is ineligible to be sponsored under my family class.

After several reminder webforms and emails to IRCC, my profile changed from “Your action is required” of me back to “submitted” with an update under medical review “We have not received the required medical results, kindly check details in your messages below” This to me means either the VO has not seen all my webforms and attachments or he/she is yet to consider my request. I sent another webform hoping things change for better. Please can someone help me, what next should i do?
hey just wondering if you had any success with asking for the non accompanying dependent to be removed based off humanitarian and compassionate grounds?I am sponsoring my husbands who has a son in the USA. Same problem,the mother will not allow a medical exam, she will not even get a passport for a medical exam after asking for 5 months. She went to court and got full custody of the child instead. We sent all of this to the IRCC officer and yesterday morning after not hearing anything for 2 months the officer said we have until December 31st to complete it or the application may be refused. We are at a complete loss of what to do. My husband wrote a letter asking for the officer to consider myself and our infant daughter in Canada. He has been here almost 2 years, we have made a home here. Very stressful..

Ottor

Sep 3, 2019
hey just wondering if you had any success with asking for the non accompanying dependent to be removed based off humanitarian and compassionate grounds?I am sponsoring my husbands who has a son in the USA. Same problem, the mother will not allow a medical exam, she will not even get a passport for a medical exam after asking for 5 months. She went to court and got full custody of the child instead. We sent all of this to the IRCC officer and yesterday morning after not hearing anything for 2 months the officer said we have until December 31st to complete it or the application may be refused. We are at a complete loss of what to do. My husband wrote a letter asking for the officer to consider myself and our infant daughter in Canada. He has been here almost 2 years, we have made a home here. Very stressful..
Thanks Erika for reaching out to me on this.
Sincerely i have not got any response from IRCC on my profile. I have sent several mails, webforms and made calls but all i get are generic mail responses as traditional of IRCC. However the feedback I get each time I called IRCC is: "All is fine with my file, medical for the rest of the family is ok and passed, affidavit sent is received but VO is yet to review and make a decision" I can tell you that this is the most frustrating, emotionally draining in my life. I have joined hands with my wife and children and prayed that God should intervein in this situation. Because I can't imagine I want the best for a child, but a woman decides to remain unreachable and incommunicado for her selfish reasons best known to her and this is causing delay for my innocent family. As I write my hope is only on GOD and I do believe - this situation will pass with the devil put to shame.
Further - for your case, since you already sent custody papers to IRCC - I suggest you both contact an immigration lawyer to carefully advise you on the next line of action to take. Another thing is to write an Affidavit explaining in details all effort made, mention you sent the custody papers already and include this statement in two paragraphs below if you have not done so:

I hereby request that my child(ren) Miss/Mr: ................................................................... be removed from my Canadian Permanent Resident Application, on humanitarian and compassionate grounds for the sake of the future of my husband and other young children whose medical examination has since been completed and passed.

Finally, I ................................................, make these requests with full knowledge and understanding that I have rescinded my right to file for or sponsorship for this non-accompanying dependent child name: ............................................................... now and in the future, that she/he would not be eligible to be sponsored by me in the future as a member of the family. I humbly request.
Thanks for your kind consideration.

Ottor

Sep 3, 2019
you can contact me on if you need to have phone conversation. May God sort you out successfully.

mylenepatron

Oct 26, 2019
My dependent child I have from a woman that I was never married to - I declared her as a non-accompanying dependent child. She did upfront medical examination earlier in 2020 and passed but throughout the validity of the medical, processing of my application was not completed. IRCC then sent me a medical request three months to the expiry of the upfront medical and the mother of this same dependent child showed up with hell. She completely refused and unwilling to release the child to under medical examination and remained deliberately incommunicado.

I booked and paid for the child medical with IOM Lagos, reached out to my child’s grandmother, Uncle and other relatives and no body seemed to know her whereabouts. I sent to her email detailed explanation stating that all was for the benefit of the child future and explained the possibility of her being sponsored by her child later but got no response. I sent the same detailed explanation to her via WhatsApp and SMS, but all was to no avail. I further travelled from Lagos to Abuja went to Gwarimpa and (Kubwa – outskate of FCT) Nigeria her last known addresses and was told she had since parked out of those neighborhoods. While in Abuja I went to worship at House on the Rock Church on a Sunday – where the elder sister of my child’s mother attends church just to see if I could be lucky to meet her sister to enable me to locate my child’s mother. I was told that she has not been seen in church for a while. I gave the two numbers of my child’s mother to a pastor to help me reach out to my daughter’s mother – the pastor tried several calls with no response, two weeks later I called the pastor to confirm if he got through to her, but he informed me that he had no response.

I returned to Lagos called and gave detailed update of my sincere effort to her uncle who attested to being a witness to how far I have tried.

I wrote to IRCC a letter of explanation and supported with an affidavit as to why I have not been able to present the child for medicals due to circumstances beyond my control. I requested that my non accompanying dependent child be excluded from my application on humanitarian and companionate grounds for the sake of my four younger children and my legally married wife whose future might be in jeopardy. I further deposed that I understood the implication of excluding the child from my application and consented to that I was losing my right to sponsor her now and, in the future, and that by that exclusion she is ineligible to be sponsored under my family class.

After several reminder webforms and emails to IRCC, my profile changed from “Your action is required” of me back to “submitted” with an update under medical review “We have not received the required medical results, kindly check details in your messages below” This to me means either the VO has not seen all my webforms and attachments or he/she is yet to consider my request. I sent another webform hoping things change for better. Please can someone help me, what next should i do?
Hi, just wondering if you have gotten an update in your application? It looks like we have the same situation it’s just that mine is a non-accompanying spouse though my husband actually completed the medical but he has been requested for 2nd xray in which he can’t proceed anymore. I have already raised webform a week ago but still waiting for reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, just wondering if you have gotten an update in your application? It looks like we have the same situation it’s just that mine is a non-accompanying spouse though my husband actually completed the medical but he has been requested for 2nd xray in which he can’t proceed anymore. I have already raised webform a week ago but still waiting for reply.
Your situation is actually quite different. Your spouse has to complete and pass the medical in order for your PR application to be approved (even if your spouse is non-accompanying).

The only way for you to be approved without having your spouse complete the medical (including any additional tests) is if you are no longer together and can show that you have either started divorce proceedings or are legally separated.

mylenepatron

Oct 26, 2019

Your situation is actually quite different. Your spouse has to complete and pass the medical in order for your PR application to be approved (even if your spouse is non-accompanying).

The only way for you to be approved without having your spouse complete the medical (including any additional tests) is if you are no longer together and can show that you have either started divorce proceedings or are legally separated.
Thank you for your reply. I just want to know though if your have already gotten the feedback and approved to waive the medical of your non accompanying family member? Is it ok to share the status of your application? Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. I just want to know though if your have already gotten the feedback and approved to waive the medical of your non accompanying family member? Is it ok to share the status of your application? Thank you!
The people who have done this have done it one of two ways depending on who the family member is.

If the family member is a minor child, they have shown they don't have custody or access to the child and the custodial parent refuses to get the medical done. They have then included a declaration stating they understand they can never sponsor the child in the future.

If the family member is a spouse, they have shown divorce documents or documents show a divorce has been filed with the courts or documents showing legal separation. In these cases you can also include a declaration stating that the husband and wife are no longer together and asking that the spouse be removed from the application.

Reactions: mylenepatron

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
C
I just received PR without having a medical completed for a non-accompanying dependant.

It did not delay my application at all. I received PR 5 months after initially submitting my application to CIC.

All I had to include was the custody agreement stating that my ex has full custody, I only have rights to visitation as seen appropriate by my ex, and a signed statutory declaration stating that I understood that by my child not completing the medical they would be forever excluded from family class sponsorship and I would never be able to sponsor her.

I submitted the statutory declaration and custody agreement with the initial application and was never asked anything more about it.
Can you please share the statutory declaration sample hiding anything confidential? Thank you

Reactions: Eweezy

Eweezy

May 30, 2022
I just received PR without having a medical completed for a non-accompanying dependant.

It did not delay my application at all. I received PR 5 months after initially submitting my application to CIC.

All I had to include was the custody agreement stating that my ex has full custody, I only have rights to visitation as seen appropriate by my ex, and a signed statutory declaration stating that I understood that by my child not completing the medical they would be forever excluded from family class sponsorship and I would never be able to sponsor her.

I submitted the statutory declaration and custody agreement with the initial application and was never asked anything more about it.
Goodday. Please I need your help. I am the PA and my husband has a child before we got married( note my husband and the babymama never got married ). So we both declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can we do or relevant documents to proof that we have tried but the mother isn't cooperating. We have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. They have rescheduled for the third time now.

Please what documents should they gather & send to IRCC

Eweezy

May 30, 2022
Goodday. Please i need help. I'm the PA but my husband has a child before they we got married( note my husband and the babymama never got married ). So we declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can we do or relevant documents to proof that we have tried but the mother isn't cooperating. We have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. We have rescheduled for the third time now.

Please what documents should we gather & send to IRCC

Eweezy

May 30, 2022
C

Can you please share the statutory declaration sample hiding anything confidential? Thank you
Goodday. Please i need help. I'm the PA but my husband has a child before they we got married( note my husband and the babymama never got married ). So we declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can we do or relevant documents to proof that we have tried but the mother isn't cooperating. We have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. We have rescheduled for the third time now.

Eweezy

May 30, 2022

Goodday. Please i need help. I'm the PA but my husband has a child before we got married( note my husband and the babymama never got married ). So we declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can we do or relevant documents to proof that we have tried but the mother isn't cooperating. We have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. We have rescheduled for the third time now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Goodday. Please i need help. I'm the PA but my husband has a child before we got married( note my husband and the babymama never got married ). So we declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can we do or relevant documents to proof that we have tried but the mother isn't cooperating. We have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. We have rescheduled for the third time now.

First thing the father must understand is that if he proceeds with this, he will never be able to sponsor the child in future.

Obviously far better would be to convince the mother to let the child do the medical. Doing the medical does NOT mean that she has given permission to let the child emigrate, only retained the possibility in future. (As an example of why this might be important, the child in most countries would have rights to make own decisions from age 18, but could still be sponsored for example to study in Canada. Other scenarios might be important like if something were to happen to the mother such as an illness where she could not care for the child [although obviously raising that may not be the best or most sensitive approach]).

Read the rest of the thread: this post sums it up well -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/possible-to-waive-medical-exam-for-non-accompanying-dependent.306158/post-9942207

If you cannot get the mother to cooperate, you'll have to provide info that you do not have access to child, cannot get the medical done, and understand that the child can never be sponsored. There's no specific form, including evidence like the correspondence you referred to helps. If she would write a letter saying she refuses and understands also this means that the child could never be sponsored, that would be better.

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Can you please send me a copy of statutory declaration by erasing your information from it so I know the bones of the declaration. This will be a lot appreciated. Please
Please can i have a copy of declaration form if u received it