+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
We sent in a declaration (notarized) with our initial application. We were still requested for medicals for the children who were not coming to Canada. TWICE. However, both times I made sure I submitted a (NOTARIZED) declaration with AS MUCH documentation as I could gather. I had an email from their father stating he would not allow them to get physicals. I had a copy of divorce papers and sent the page that showed he had full custody. I also wrote a letter of documentation to show dates, etc where I contacted them through Snapchat to try to ask for physicals. So, to sum up, as much documentation as you can send to them the better. All IRCC wants to do is to make sure you have tried everything you can to get the medicals. IRCC requesting medicals more than once is not unusual. Just continue to try to send in notarized declarations and be as detailed as possible. :)

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
We sent in a declaration (notarized) with our initial application. We were still requested for medicals for the children who were not coming to Canada. TWICE. However, both times I made sure I submitted a (NOTARIZED) declaration with AS MUCH documentation as I could gather. I had an email from their father stating he would not allow them to get physicals. I had a copy of divorce papers and sent the page that showed he had full custody. I also wrote a letter of documentation to show dates, etc where I contacted them through Snapchat to try to ask for physicals. So, to sum up, as much documentation as you can send to them the better. All IRCC wants to do is to make sure you have tried everything you can to get the medicals. IRCC requesting medicals more than once is not unusual. Just continue to try to send in notarized declarations and be as detailed as possible. :)
thank you so much! Did you have to send a new stat dec each time or were you using the same documents each time you sent information. When they finally granted you the exemption did they send you a letter stating so?

Reactions: cindyestteacher

ddhana

Oct 8, 2019
In my case, I had to redo statutory declaration because IRCC wanted it for each children. Once uploaded on gckey website, in less than a week, I got a new letter in gckey saying children are removed from pr application and no longer sponsored. Then few days later, I received medical passed.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
In my case, I had to redo statutory declaration because IRCC wanted it for each children. Once uploaded on gckey website, in less than a week, I got a new letter in gckey saying children are removed from pr application and no longer sponsored. Then few days later, I received medical passed.
I am QUITE HAPPY to help because these forums helped me beyond measure when I was going through the PR process. I ended up sending in 3 statutory declarations: The first one was with my application and I didn't realize I had to have it notarized. I also did not include so much documentation with that one. Then, they sent me a request for my medical along with my children's medicals. At that point, rewrote the Stat of Dec to include more documentation AND I had it notarized. Time went along and after a couple of months, I received, yet another request for medicals for the children (I already had mine done and had it sent to them.). I typed up a new Stat of Dec..including the items from before, but also including a little more documentation. Note: Even if you try to contact your ex and you receive no answer, please DOCUMENT it. Any documentation you can include will help you. They (IRCC) simply wants to see that you are putting forth the effort to try. Once they accepted the last Stat Dec then I saw on the GCKey that it said "medical passed" and things started moving pretty rapidly then. I will be happy to help you further, if I can. :)

Reactions: mamad611

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I am QUITE HAPPY to help because these forums helped me beyond measure when I was going through the PR process. I ended up sending in 3 statutory declarations: The first one was with my application and I didn't realize I had to have it notarized. I also did not include so much documentation with that one. Then, they sent me a request for my medical along with my children's medicals. At that point, rewrote the Stat of Dec to include more documentation AND I had it notarized. Time went along and after a couple of months, I received, yet another request for medicals for the children (I already had mine done and had it sent to them.). I typed up a new Stat of Dec..including the items from before, but also including a little more documentation. Note: Even if you try to contact your ex and you receive no answer, please DOCUMENT it. Any documentation you can include will help you. They (IRCC) simply wants to see that you are putting forth the effort to try. Once they accepted the last Stat Dec then I saw on the GCKey that it said "medical passed" and things started moving pretty rapidly then. I will be happy to help you further, if I can. :)
Hi ,

thank you for your update.
I already applied sponsorship for my mother and since she was separated from my father I put him as a non-accompany family member.
she is separated from my father 2 years ago. there is no legal separation document in my home country.
I provided LOE & statuary declaration to surrounding the right to sponsor my father under any family class again
He is unwilling to cooperate with this application, he did not provide any document and he did not did his medical exam
today I received a letter from IRCC asking for his medical again and also police certificate and other document for my father.
He is not cooperating at all.
would you please advise how I can exclude him from the application or what should I do to convince the officer he is unwilling to do any examination and provide any document??

thank you for your advise.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi ,

thank you for your update.
I already applied sponsorship for my mother and since she was separated from my father I put him as a non-accompany family member.
she is separated from my father 2 years ago. there is no legal separation document in my home country.
I provided LOE & statuary declaration to surrounding the right to sponsor my father under any family class again
He is unwilling to cooperate with this application, he did not provide any document and he did not did his medical exam
today I received a letter from IRCC asking for his medical again and also police certificate and other document for my father.
He is not cooperating at all.
would you please advise how I can exclude him from the application or what should I do to convince the officer he is unwilling to do any examination and provide any document??

thank you for your advise.
I am happy to help. :)

Look at this from an officer's point of view. They would look at your app and say, "What do I see that shows that the father is not cooperating?" Did you document conversations you have had with him? phone calls you tried but weren't answered or returned? emails you sent that may or may not have been answered (Provide copies of emails)...so anything...anything at all that you can show the officer/agent that can show that you attempted. If you say he isn't cooperativing..how do you know he is not? Whatever this answer is, then document it...times, dates, anything at all. If you have copies of emails..include them ...if you don't then write up a documentation of dates/times and/or conversations you have had with him or anything else I typed above ....You will need to include a new statutory declaration again. With each time IRCC asks for medicals/police checks for your father, you need to include new stat of dec along with documentation. If this isn't clear or you have further questions, let me know. I'm happy to try to help. Also, look below for my example:
July 7, 2020 phone call to father 8:30pm no answer left message with no return call
July 21, 2020 email to father (see email copy attached) no reply from him
August 5, 2020 phone to father 7am no answer left message with no return call
August 31, 2020 mother attempted contact with father but he refused to talk to her

These are just examples...but document, document, document..even if you don't have formal papers...document days, times, copies of emails..anything you have that you can show the agent working on your case. The agent will also appreciate this, too.

Reactions: mehrazsepehr

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Thank you so much for your time and kind advise.
I really appreciate that
I dont have email and call track but I have all the date and time.
I did travel to back home to convince him to cooperate in the middle of COVID time and I have the flight ticket .
But I dont have any thing to proof he is unwilling to cooperate.
I will take your advise and will make all the efforts in writing .
I will ask my sibling to provide stat deceleration that they try their best to convince him as well
hope that helps
again thank you so much for your help and kind advise.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Thank you so much for your time and kind advise.
I really appreciate that
I dont have email and call track but I have all the date and time.
I did travel to back home to convince him to cooperate in the middle of COVID time and I have the flight ticket .
But I dont have any thing to proof he is unwilling to cooperate.
I will take your advise and will make all the efforts in writing .
I will ask my sibling to provide stat deceleration that they try their best to convince him as well
hope that helps
again thank you so much for your help and kind advise.
Yes, that is exactly what you need to do. Make a copy of the flight ticket and write somewhere on the copy this was the trip where you went home and tried to talk to him. Any dates and times you can provide is what they are looking for. What concerns the agent is when they receive a stat dec with no or very little documentation.

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
My husband just got approval without medicals for 2 unaccompaning estranged children. Your option is to forgot future sponsor up of the child but CIC wants you to prove that you cannot get the medical done, not that you are just being lazy or cheap. You should address this directly, and if possible have the child write or sign a letter stating that they do not wish to appear. You will be sent a document waiving the right to sponsor the child later that will need to be notarized as well, your VO should supply this to you. We had supplied back story on his relationship with the children's mother, their last contact and attempts to contact her since without response. We even submitted notarized declarations that e waives the right to sponsor them in the future with our application. They did ask for more evidence and signed forms again. He had tried to contact other family members since we filed our application so we provided that as well and they seemed to have accepted that it is beyond his control and he has done the best he can to produce them for medicals given the situation. Hopefully this helps, they way I understand it, you need to proof that you have tried, to your best ability and are not just simply choosing not to do it.
Hi need help I'm on safe boat

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Ok I got a an exclusion for my son whom i have not seen since birth more than 12 years back. He is in a different country. I have since re-married and have kids.
First i didnt include non-accompanying kid in the application. I didn't' but sent a revised application. Also attached a LOE stating why I didnt include + a declaration. Simple worded:
-----------
I do have a (****son or daughter) from my first marriage, born (****DOB) but he is NOT my dependent NOR will I be sponsoring him for immigration.

My Ex-Wife has custody of him divorce and they live in a different country (***) and the mother is solely responsible for him.
The divorce was not pleasant - we do not have any communication between each other, etc etc etc.
I have not included him in my application as he is not with me and I am not his sponsor, now or in the future.
Signed
-----------

hope this helps...
Need help

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Thanks scylla for your response. I talked with one Immigration Lawyer. He suggested to write a Statutory Declaration for non-accompanying dependent and get it notarized. I am thinking to go ahead with this option. No other alternative. Does anyone have format for this or help me with the form please.
Please send letter sample of statutory declaration .

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
I didnt have it notarized. Just a letter if declaration and signed by me. Have the rules changed?
It always helps if you send them everything in the application. Custoday papaers, declarations and LOE as to un cooperative spouse etc. Make the officers life easier and shows them you are upfront.
Hi

Please help

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi please help me with statutory declaration