+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

ddhana

Oct 8, 2019
There is a template (example) someone posted this article (page 5 or 6 I believe).
After filling it up and do some changes depends on your situation, then bring it to Notary to get them notarized. I had to make three of them because IRCC wanted for each child. We are here to help but we don't do it for you.

Reactions: YVR123

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
There is a template (example) someone posted this article (page 5 or 6 I believe).
After filling it up and do some changes depends on your situation, then bring it to Notary to get them notarized. I had to make three of them because IRCC wanted for each child. We are here to help but we don't do it for you.
Hi can I pm you ?
Where can I download it ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi can I pm you ?
Where can I download it ?
Can you just read this whole discussion? It's relevant to your situation anyway. And didn't you send one before except that you put all children's names in a single declaration. So redo it with separate delcaration for each child. BTW. I have NO experience with dependent related application, so do not PM me.

Here is the link to the post with the template/example and it's exactly on page 6:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/possible-to-waive-medical-exam-for-non-accompanying-dependent.306158/post-8124761

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Can you just read this whole discussion? It's relevant to your situation anyway. And didn't you send one before except that you put all children's names in a single declaration. So redo it with separate delcaration for each child. BTW. I have NO experience with dependent related application, so do not PM me.

Here is the link to the post with the template/example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/possible-to-waive-medical-exam-for-non-accompanying-dependent.306158/post-8124761
Ok ty

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Thanks

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
My partner has 2 dependants with his common law before. They are both minors. 16 and the other one turning 18 this November. Their separation wasn't a very nice one . The mom is working overseas and now married with own kids. Their children were both left under the custody of the mother's sister, basically the aunt is the guardian in her absence. I don't think my partner and his ex has a legal paper as to who has the sole custody of the children, but since they are both minors they are automatically under the custody of the mother. My partner has communication with his children, he sends them financial support and the kids would sometimes spend holidays in our house whenever their father is on vacation from work.

I will include his children as his non-accompanying dependants, the only problem is their mother will definitely refuse to cooperate if there is a need for her cooperation like signing permission papers or any authorization that would require her signature. Since the kids have guardian, looking after them in their mother's absence, is it allowed for them to give permission for kids to undergo medicals when the situation arise? If not, what is the best thing to do in this situation? Please, any help or input mean a lot. Thanks!

hopefulheart12

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
My partner has 2 dependants with his common law before. They are both minors. 16 and the other one turning 18 this November. Their separation wasn't a very nice one . The mom is working overseas and now married with own kids. Their children were both left under the custody of the mother's sister, basically the aunt is the guardian in her absence. I don't think my partner and his ex has a legal paper as to who has the sole custody of the children, but since they are both minors they are automatically under the custody of the mother. My partner has communication with his children, he sends them financial support and the kids would sometimes spend holidays in our house whenever their father is on vacation from work.

I will include his children as his non-accompanying dependants, the only problem is their mother will definitely refuse to cooperate if there is a need for her cooperation like signing permission papers or any authorization that would require her signature. Since the kids have guardian, looking after them in their mother's absence, is it allowed for them to give permission for kids to undergo medicals when the situation arise? If not, what is the best thing to do in this situation? Please, any help or input mean a lot. Thanks!
Did you get any updates about this? Im on the same boat right now. Thank you.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Hello,

My spouse and I submitted application to sponsor him in December 2020. We did not hire a lawyer and did everything ourselves. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for the medical part of the exam when it comes to his non accompanying dependent. We messed up and did not realize he would need a passport for this part. Anyways, we have been trying since June to have his ex-partner get him a passport and have had nothing but problems with her when it comes to this. His child lives in the US and the state he lives in is delayed in processing new child passports. We had an appointment about two weeks ago and thought we were finally going to be able to do it. Unfortunately, his ex-partner decided yet again, that she would not allow this and instead filed for full custody because she does not want the child to come to Canada at all or be sponsored in the future (she is aware of why IRCC requests medical exam even if he is non-accompanying. She has flat out said, the child does not need anything from us now or in the future and he will instead be getting a spain citizenship. Anyways, we have spoken to a few lawyers here and in the US and we kept getting a common answer of fighting for joint custody being in a different country is going to be extremely complex and we will most likely not be granted it as we live in different country. My spouse and his ex were able to have a conversation and came up with a parenting agreement they are ok with. They both agreed to grant her full custody and he will get a few times a year visitation. His ex partner still says she will not get his passport or medical exam. She said she will be sending a notorized letter refusing this and asking for us to stop requesting this. If my spouse also makes a letter giving up his right to sponsor, we send proof, her letter and the final custody order once we receive it. Should this be enough? we are so stressed his application is going to get refused because of this and we have a newborn daughter in Canada.. Please any more tips or guidance would be helpful.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello,

My spouse and I submitted application to sponsor him in December 2020. We did not hire a lawyer and did everything ourselves. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for the medical part of the exam when it comes to his non accompanying dependent. We messed up and did not realize he would need a passport for this part. Anyways, we have been trying since June to have his ex-partner get him a passport and have had nothing but problems with her when it comes to this. His child lives in the US and the state he lives in is delayed in processing new child passports. We had an appointment about two weeks ago and thought we were finally going to be able to do it. Unfortunately, his ex-partner decided yet again, that she would not allow this and instead filed for full custody because she does not want the child to come to Canada at all or be sponsored in the future (she is aware of why IRCC requests medical exam even if he is non-accompanying. She has flat out said, the child does not need anything from us now or in the future and he will instead be getting a spain citizenship. Anyways, we have spoken to a few lawyers here and in the US and we kept getting a common answer of fighting for joint custody being in a different country is going to be extremely complex and we will most likely not be granted it as we live in different country. My spouse and his ex were able to have a conversation and came up with a parenting agreement they are ok with. They both agreed to grant her full custody and he will get a few times a year visitation. His ex partner still says she will not get his passport or medical exam. She said she will be sending a notorized letter refusing this and asking for us to stop requesting this. If my spouse also makes a letter giving up his right to sponsor, we send proof, her letter and the final custody order once we receive it. Should this be enough? we are so stressed his application is going to get refused because of this and we have a newborn daughter in Canada.. Please any more tips or guidance would be helpful.
hey this should definitely be enough. My partners ex was also refusing us to get Medicaid for his kids. We sent a notarized letter stating she refuses and we acknowledge that he will not be able to sponsor in future as well as screenshots of conversations where she refused. They did not send us an official letter stating they will be removed from the application one day we just noticed they were no longer on the portal as dependents

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
hey this should definitely be enough. My partners ex was also refusing us to get Medicaid for his kids. We sent a notarized letter stating she refuses and we acknowledge that he will not be able to sponsor in future as well as screenshots of conversations where she refused. They did not send us an official letter stating they will be removed from the application one day we just noticed they were no longer on the portal as dependents
Thank you I really hope so. I have read so many confusing threads where it sounds like IRCC is very extreme and will refuse and then others had it a bit easier. Truly, I am not sure what else IRCC could want us to do at this point with court orders and her notorized letter asking for us to stop and that she will not do it.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Thank you I really hope so. I have read so many confusing threads where it sounds like IRCC is very extreme and will refuse and then others had it a bit easier. Truly, I am not sure what else IRCC could want us to do at this point with court orders and her notorized letter asking for us to stop and that she will not do it.
We were super worried and stressed about it too. It was actually pretty simple once everything was sent off

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Did it delay the application a lot after you sent the letters and proof?
no. Once it was sent is was maybe 2-3 weeks before I noticed the kids were removed. We were done in a little over a year but most of the wait was covid. Actual processing once they acknowledged receipt was about 6-7 months

Reactions: erika09

Ottor

Sep 3, 2019
My dependent child I have from a woman that I was never married to - I declared her as a non-accompanying dependent child. She did upfront medical examination earlier in 2020 and passed but throughout the validity of the medical, processing of my application was not completed. IRCC then sent me a medical request three months to the expiry of the upfront medical and the mother of this same dependent child showed up with hell. She completely refused and unwilling to release the child to under medical examination and remained deliberately incommunicado.

I booked and paid for the child medical with IOM Lagos, reached out to my child’s grandmother, Uncle and other relatives and no body seemed to know her whereabouts. I sent to her email detailed explanation stating that all was for the benefit of the child future and explained the possibility of her being sponsored by her child later but got no response. I sent the same detailed explanation to her via WhatsApp and SMS, but all was to no avail. I further travelled from Lagos to Abuja went to Gwarimpa and (Kubwa – outskate of FCT) Nigeria her last known addresses and was told she had since parked out of those neighborhoods. While in Abuja I went to worship at House on the Rock Church on a Sunday – where the elder sister of my child’s mother attends church just to see if I could be lucky to meet her sister to enable me to locate my child’s mother. I was told that she has not been seen in church for a while. I gave the two numbers of my child’s mother to a pastor to help me reach out to my daughter’s mother – the pastor tried several calls with no response, two weeks later I called the pastor to confirm if he got through to her, but he informed me that he had no response.

I returned to Lagos called and gave detailed update of my sincere effort to her uncle who attested to being a witness to how far I have tried.

I wrote to IRCC a letter of explanation and supported with an affidavit as to why I have not been able to present the child for medicals due to circumstances beyond my control. I requested that my non accompanying dependent child be excluded from my application on humanitarian and companionate grounds for the sake of my four younger children and my legally married wife whose future might be in jeopardy. I further deposed that I understood the implication of excluding the child from my application and consented to that I was losing my right to sponsor her now and, in the future, and that by that exclusion she is ineligible to be sponsored under my family class.

After several reminder webforms and emails to IRCC, my profile changed from “Your action is required” of me back to “submitted” with an update under medical review “We have not received the required medical results, kindly check details in your messages below” This to me means either the VO has not seen all my webforms and attachments or he/she is yet to consider my request. I sent another webform hoping things change for better. Please can someone help me, what next should i do?

Last edited: