+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Something about not missing out "strike pay" from the union but what do I know. How did you get to keep that username lol
Haha I still wonder that to this day.
I will keep it until I can

But is the moderation on these forums as strict as sites like reddit? I don't think I have ever seen a mod take an action. Or maybe I just didn't look carefully

• Love
Reactions: rainydayincanada

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Strike attendance means nothing! :rolleyes: Most of those people are there for the $75 a day strike pay (which they need desperately). In fact, there are several interviews, by media, where the strikers look bored and disinterested, and some even openly expressing frustration at being there!
Tell me you don't know how strikes and pickets work without telling me

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Tell me you don't know how strikes and pickets work without telling me
I know a very good bit about how strikes work (and most of that, I just learned in the last few days, because it is currently affecting me, as it is many others on this forum). It's not rocket science, really! :rolleyes:

I may not know every single detail of how all the rules work, but definitely enough to know what I'm talking about! A lot of it is just common sense!

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
I know a very good bit about how strikes work (and most of that, I just learned in the last few days, because it is currently affecting me, as it is many others on this forum). It's not rocket science, really! :rolleyes:

I may not know every single detail of how all the rules work, but definitely enough to know what I'm talking about! A lot of it is just common sense!
You say that your posts show otherwise....

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Haha I still wonder that to this day.
I will keep it until I can

But is the moderation on these forums as strict as sites like reddit? I don't think I have ever seen a mod take an action. Or maybe I just didn't look carefully
I haven't seen any moderation here either, this is why all threads eventually derail into a whining fest :confused:

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Friends, I think it's time for each of us to do our part and act in a civic way: Write to your federal deputy to put pressure on and oblige the political parties (of the government, or of the opposition) to push for a quick resolution of the situation, that is to say, a special law to oblige the civil servants (who are paid with our money, I remind you), to return to work.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I am writing an e-mail for my federal deputy (who is also a minister, in the current government)... Even being already a citizen, I will find the words to denounce this situation and complain, with courtesy.

I strongly encourage you to do so.

We are in a democratic country, and where participation in political and public life is permitted, and not sanctioned (as is the case in several other countries). There is no harm (and no retaliation) in doing this sort of thing.

The freedoms mentioned in the charter of dreedoms apply to all residents of Canada, not just citizens.

With all my heart with you friends!

, Piotr.

Last edited:

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022

Quite seemingly