+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Friends, I think it's time for each of us to do our part and act in a civic way: Write to your federal deputy to put pressure on and oblige the political parties (of the government, or of the opposition) to push for a quick resolution of the situation, that is to say, a special law to oblige the civil servants (who are paid with our money, I remind you), to return to work.
My MP is a high profile member of the current government. Their office isn't interested in hearing my concerns. I've lived in various western countries and regions and this is the worst I've been treated by a ruling party MP. I'm sure that situation would be different if I had the vote.

So I thank you for making representations for all of us.

Reactions: krishere1982

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Since liberal government is minority, we should put pressure on Conservative Party to support back to work legislation as NDP will not support it. Protest Infront of our Conservative MP office or wherever conservative MP’s offices will be a good strategy. We should also send a clear message to NDP that we will not vote ( hopefully we are citizens before next. Election) for you if you do not care us.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
We also need to send a letter to IMMIGRATION MINISTER for allowing all of us to use self administered oath and electronic citizenship certificate ( from June 2023) which will save our time significantly.

Reactions: johnjkjk

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
It is said that Canada is a democratic country but now what I can only see is that the recovery of the public service only depends on the dictatorship of a small group member of people who claim they are representing the interests of over 150k public servants.......

Reactions: adbcca

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I don't think that they want to deal with the last offer.
They may not want it, but its final and seems pretty fair. If they reject it, I would support not just back to work, but penalizing ircc stikers for causing needless backlog and chaos. We aren't mere file numbers. We are people whose lives are affected, sometimes significantly. The government is also at fault for being soft. I'm not a conservative by any means, but there is a limit to greed. They should say this deal or no deal, and you get fined for the backlog if you keep striking.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
They may not want it, but its final and seems pretty fair. If they reject it, I would support not just back to work, but penalizing ircc stikers for causing needless backlog and chaos. We aren't mere file numbers. We are people whose lives are affected, sometimes significantly. The government is also at fault for being soft. I'm not a conservative by any means, but there is a limit to greed. They should say this deal or no deal, and you get fined for the backlog if you keep striking.
Hasn't the PSAC been asking for this since 2021-June? If the government had negotiated with them at that time/since then, this strike could have been avoided. If this strike is going to affect a lot of citizenship applications adversely, the Liberal government is going to lose the immigrants' support.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Glad you both see it the same way

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
PSAC already has the final offer from the govt. And they have posted on Twitter about the May Day march in Ottawa. I don't know what else can we expect from PSAC today.
Psac wants the government impose back to work order so that it will get sympathy from its members. It is clear that they are doing politics more than government. Liberals expect public feel angry about the protest so thG they gain sympathy and more hate towards NDP. Haha. Wonderful game to watch and learn skills from both though I’m loosing a lot due to this BS strike. The clear winner is conservative as many of new citizens never thought of voting for conservative but that line of thought is gradually fading.

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Psac wants the government impose back to work order so that it will get sympathy from its members. It is clear that they are doing politics more than government. Liberals expect public feel angry about the protest so thG they gain sympathy and more hate towards NDP. Haha. Wonderful game to watch and learn skills from both though I’m loosing a lot due to this BS strike. The clear winner is conservative as many of new citizens never thought of voting for conservative but that line of thought is gradually fading.
Yup. I also think this fiasco is definitely going to make the new immigrants favor the Conservatives. Seems like most of those in this thread are almost close to the finishing line with their citizenship application. I for one, haven't even got the AOR yet lol. After suffering through years of immigration stress in the US, this probable delay in the citizenship application here is getting hard to handle.

Last edited: