+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
They could have a free vote I.e. not a confidence vote that could bring down the government. So conservatives could vote for the government.
Doesn’t it rule that the government needs to step down when they fail to pass the legislation? Omg!! If I am wrong, I seriously misunderstood the system. Btw I passed the citizenship test with 20/20. It means score is not related to knowledge :D :p

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doesn’t it rule that the government needs to step down when they fail to pass the legislation? Omg!! If I am wrong, I seriously misunderstood the system. Btw I passed the citizenship test with 20/20. It means score is not related to knowledge :D :p
Congrats on passing the testing with flying colors! lol

Does that mean we could have a federal election soon and we could end up with the Conservative govt?

Reactions: 747-captain

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Last edited:

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
*Update*

*Still waiting for official announcement*

Unofficial internal announcement via email:Tentative deal reached
See screen shot in the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadaPublicServants/comments/132oxvh/_/jie46mw
A big progress has been made! If IRCC will resume their work from next week, let's see how will they rearrange the cancelled oath ceremonies, as well as the upcoming scheduled but yet cancelled oath cermonies!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Welcome to the 20/20 club :p

Free votes avoid that situation. Budgets and major party agendas are confidence votes. See https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201826E

I only know about this because I previously lived in the UK so have prior knowledge of the parliamentary system. Generally, people there tend to know more about how parliament works. It's always in the news and part of everyday life. It's all a bit cryptic and hush hush in Canada. There does appear to be a democratic deficit in Canada. What exactly is the Senate and how are senators elected? Never seen that in the news. And I bet most Canadians don't know.

Hell I know more about the US system and I've never lived there.

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019
PSAC has reached a tentative agreement for the PA, SV, TC and EB bargaining units at Treasury Board.

With the national strike now over for Treasury Board workers, members of the PA, SV, TC and EB bargaining groups are required to return to work beginning May 1 at 9 a.m. ET or their next scheduled shift.

https://psacunion.ca/psac-has-reached-tentative-agreement-pa-sv-tc-and

Last edited: