+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of losing my dream job prospect if I do not receive my renewed PR card!

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
It states that: "unfortunately we won’t be able to have you come onboard with us until you demonstrate you are eligible to work in Canada with your obtained PR status."
Seems incomptetent HR making issues out of the blue. I am wondering if they say to a Canadian citizen "your passport/driving licence expired, we cannot be sure you're citizen..."

As others said "PR status" is way different from PR card. Just show them the signed CoPR, or the expired PR card. SIN number is also excellent indication.
If none of this suffices, you could *try* to have an immigration lawyer writing an letter explaining that an expired PR card does not remove PR status (conditional to RO)

Reactions: RamezG

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hello All,

In the mean time I had been going through a gruesomely long application and interview process with my dream company and was eventually offered a position on the condition that I would receive my renewed PR status confirmation by the 13th of April.

Thank you!
As this employer is operating in Canada they should know that the "date" of when the PR card gets issued isn't something you can control or influence.

Its also not their job to verify if you met your residency requirement for PR card renewal or not...IRCC are paid to do that! But if thats their concern try showing them proof that you have lived here 2+ years (letter from previous/current employer) or so.

Use this link also to explain to them that you are still a "Permanent Resident" and will remain so cause non of the below conditions apply to you:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

Losing your permanent resident status
You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process.

You can lose your permanent resident status if:
  • an adjudicator determines you are no longer a permanent resident after an inquiry or PRTD appeal;
  • you voluntarily renounce your permanent resident status;
  • a removal order is made against you and comes into force; or
  • you become a Canadian citizen.
Even if you don't meet the residency obligation, you are still a PR until an official decision is made on your status.

If all this doesn't help, if i were you , i would really question "Is that truly a dream employer?"

Reactions: evdm

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello All,
My application for renewal of PR card started processing on the 18th of December 2017. On the 2nd of February 2018 i got an email from CIC stating that they had send me a correspondence. Since then, I had sent them the required files they requested!

In the mean time I had been going through a gruesomely long application and interview process with my dream company and was eventually offered a position on the condition that I would receive my renewed PR status confirmation by the 13th of April.

The office dealing with my application is located in Hamilton, and i was wondering if there is any way to speed up the process? I even sent them an urgent file with my job offer attached! But i am yet to see an update on the CIC website.
This is genuinely my dream job and a once in a lifetime opportunity i have been working so so hard for so if anyone could help me with any pieces of information it would be so gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!
Find another dream job..this company is either utter useless or they changed their mind about offering you the job